I hate this site.

Sweet porridge? Bleeeurrrrgh.
It needs a pinch of salt, same as you should take with most of my posts here.

Defo soak over night, makes cheaper oats yummy (although the better oats you buy, the yummier it gets). I throw in a handful of raisins, makes it sweet enough for me.

magicmistertea":23pc4za6 said:
cornflakes are nice also :LOL:

especially with warm milk :)

YUK!

That's all I'm saying ;)

However, if that's what turns you on................................

I know this thread developed into an exchange of porridge recipies, but to return to the original sentiment...I hate this site.

Back in September I realised our company probably wouldn't be making the promised office move and I decided I needed a more sensible bike than my Ellsworth to commute on. I was keen to pick something retro up because I thought it would be good value and make me all misty eyed for the days when I started riding. :)

Not sure where to start I messaged all my cycling buddies on Facebook to see what they had lurking in their garages and one of them sold me a 94 Lava dome. (Un)Fortunately another mate who writes for Dirt directed me to Retrobike.

Nearly 5 months on, my £100 kona has new wheels (hope ti's), bars (Easton), chainset (modern but will change), cassette (Lx 7speed), Chain (HG 70), cables, seatpost (bontrager), saddle (flite ti), tires and skewers!! With a new stem (Syncros) on the way!!! :oops: Now I am convinced I need V-brakes (probably XT or XTR) and that the frame might need a re-spray (after seeling Andy-l's Kona at the Bristol bike Jumble).

Where will it end??? I'm getting to the point where it will be too nice to ride to work and the whole cycle will start again. :cry:

I hate you all...... ;)

This site

Hello Barney, dont worry you are not alone.
This is a really strange site the way it feeds off itself and its members with a steady stream entering and leaving.
I believe its the work of the devil, well john really, but the devils working through him. Either way John and the devil are in cahoots, thats if they are not the same being :twisted:
Or maybe they are like the drug dealers only pushing retrobike instead, you know the thing...' go on have this frame for a tenner, they were great in the day', they dont tell you you will have to sell your soul to get that magic crankset that was the must have thing, or the £100 pair of umma gummas, bang! before you know it they have you :shock: Soon you'll be selling your kids for that NOS Ti skewer that weighs half a gram less than the others.
Its all down hill and then, when you got nothing left and the devil knows what you want he comes and offers you that.. carbon/Ti S Works or Yo Eddy or whatever it is you lust after and then the Devil has you cause it only costs your soul. Trouble is he has your soul forever but I dont know how long the S works will last and thats when it turns to hell. Sitting for eternity unable to ride cause your S Works is broken. :cry:
Thats just my opinion, just my take on it.
Have you ever seen John and the devil in the same room?
I thought not.
Beware what you lust after.

Back