1994 Marin Palisades Trail - change of direction page 3

Stove enameling at its best :

P1000450.jpg

:LOL: :LOL:

Looking very good by the way :cool: :cool:

WD :D

The Odyssey Pro headset turned up this morning.
A nice thing it is too. It is clear that the stack height is quite low in comparison to the STX unit alongside. Subtract the section that inserts into the frame and there's a few extra mm. Just enough to grip on! There's also a grub screw on one side to stop any movement, because it doesn't run a washer between the top nuts, which is another contribution towards its low stack.

P1000469.jpg

My mate came over with a box of bits that he swapped with me. A pair of XT crank arms, XT rear mech, XT front mech and a lovely chainring I've been watching in his garage!
I'll need to clean them all a bit though.

P1000475.jpg

P1000476.jpg

I bought another XT lever from here, to match the one I had. Can't remember who from, but thanks anyway.

P1000471.jpg

Also, my chainring bolts and Black aluminium bottle cage bolts arrived. You can see the chainring backs are Titanium and the fronts are genuine Pace items, and there's even a spare. The bottle cage bolts are for various applications on the frame, such as pannier mounts, bottle cage holes etc.

P1000472.jpg

Well, christmas has been a busy time with no real work done other than a further accumulation of parts.

First up is an XT 9 speed cassette that came with an alloy lockring in Purple. Nice, but I will transfer it out to another project. This is a monotone only project!

P1000536.jpg

Next up is a Flite saddle. A bit scuffed in places but more than up to the job.

P1000538.jpg

My mate donated a shim for the front mech, as the band is a little too big.

P1000537.jpg

I need to take the decals to the print shop and get reproductions done in Black. Thinking of just downtube and headbadge in pre 93 spec and I'm undecided for the top tube. Still looking at font types for the name.
Frame should be finished soon and photos will follow...

Benandemu":fzgmyfb2 said:
I need to take the decals to the print shop and get reproductions done in Black. Thinking of just downtube and headbadge in pre 93 spec and I'm undecided for the top tube. Still looking at font types for the name.

We think alike !

I am just going to do the down tube, head tube and 'Designed in blah blah balh' seat tube sticker.

I have decided on silver but as I only have OE graphics in yellow and black I will be after some repos soon :LOL:

WD :D

Well, it's in Appliance White now, and I've had some decals copied locally. Starting to come together a bit more in my head.
I also found a Hope Titanium bottom bracket for piece of mind, as I really rate them, and never ride anything other than Ti BB's with replaceable bearings.

P1000588.jpg

P1000583.jpg

P1000587.jpg

P1000586.jpg

Thanks. It's taken longer than I expected, mostly due to weather restrictions and other commitments. Forks need one more coat of Black paint and they're ready for fitting. Probably early next week.

Back