Trick to not pay fees with gift payment

mazdaman1980

Senior Retro Guru
Hi Guys

As usual i have been buying too much and have been paying with paypal and noticed that if you pay under £6 you dont pay a fee so i had an idea and payed someone £30 by doing the same tranaction a few times, it worked an NO FEE.

Thought i would share as it sucks what they are doing!

right as has been said many times gift payment is free for any amont as long as there are funds in the account ;)
if the payment is coming out of your bank or off your card then the fee applies ;)

rob

MAXTHEROTTI":333dknvf said:
right as has been said many times gift payment is free for any amont as long as there are funds in the account ;)
if the payment is coming out of your bank or off your card then the fee applies ;)

rob

Not quite as simple as that, i pay from a visa debit (never have funds sitting with paypoo) and when i pay gift there is no fee either. So it might just be with credit cards?

Easy_Rider":2vq19hqf said:
MAXTHEROTTI":2vq19hqf said:

rob

Not quite as simple as that, i pay from a visa debit (never have funds sitting with paypoo) and when i pay gift there is no fee either. So it might just be with credit cards?

nope. I pay for everything with 2 debit cards and ALWAYS pay fees. Next! Someone must know the trick.

Surfr":3ldfpc92 said:
Easy_Rider":3ldfpc92 said:
MAXTHEROTTI":3ldfpc92 said:

rob

nope. I pay for everything with 2 debit cards and ALWAYS pay fees. Next! Someone must know the trick.

But do you "gift" it? or pay normally?

in that case paypal love me :p
i have NEVER paid a fee nor has a recipient of my money when paid for paypal balance ;)

rob

I can't work it out as sometimes I pay a fee and sometimes I don't. I think it relates to having money in your account somehow as mine normally comes straight off my credit card, but recently having a few quid in the account I suddenly wasn't paying a fee.

I also wondered if it had anything to do with mine being a premium or business account?

Back