Orange P7 1996ish

cherrybomb":2pf7bbz9 said:
The nickel plated Orange frames looked real sweet when new, but boy do they look rough when the lacquer starts to come off. :shock:

Aint that the truth, trying to restore this neglected 96 beauty to its original finish may be a none starter. I think a new colour scheme may have to be considered.

P1050384.jpg

You're only chance with that is to remove the old laquer and polish up the plating. Then re-laquer. If it's rusty anywhere then it's probably respray time. :?

Re: We've got the same bike.

i-am-iron-man":1b97xq06 said:
How did this happen? I even have the same stem, seatpost and sharkfin. Mine is built with RC-30's, a titanium X-Lite handlebar, Middleburn RS7 duo, Hope ti-glide/DT rims and a relatively modern XTR groupset. I even have the same saddle as you, but on a different bike.

16012008226.jpg

I did loads of un-retro things to mine though: I removed the canti-hanger, ditched the seat binder and the rack mount threads prior to it getting powder coated.

09032008258.jpg

Creepy, eh?

Ok, it is a sad time but unfortunately it looks like me and my lovely Orange P7 are about to part company.

I will be breaking it, I am keeping the RC-30 forks and probably the King headset, stem and wheels. But the frame, titanium handlebar, Middleburn Duo and the best part of an XTR groupset are getting ditched.

I will post something more official sale thread in the right place, but please feel free to express interest in anything via PM.

P7 decals

Hi,
Like the look of the P7. Thinking of having mine re-sprayed, would be nice to get some retro decals like on this bike, are they available from somewhere in the UK ?

Steve

Not completely retro but its a 94 P7 frame

just rebuilt my Orange P7 after getting Argos cycles in Bristol to give it a respray.

They did a great job, seemed a shame to put all the old parts back on it but as I only use it to ride to work and back it seemed a bit over the top to do anything else. I may treat it to a nice Syncros stem at some point if I can find one to fit with a nice rise.

Steve

Attachments

• DSC00161_resize.JPG
    DSC00161_resize.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,839
  • DSC00175_resize.JPG
    DSC00175_resize.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,839
  • DSC00180_resize.JPG
    DSC00180_resize.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,839
Old Oranges

Hi guys, just stumbled across this website, full of top top bikes.
I still use an Orange P7 I bought in 1997 at uni as often as I can get out on it. Lots of changed parts over the years but the skeleton is all original.
How do you get pictures on here?

J

Attachments

• phpgII4EKPM.jpg
    phpgII4EKPM.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 1,758
Back