1989/90 Yeti C-26 - 20th Anniversary Special

Elev12k":1rrfrywe said:
Hi Mike,

That is a killer bike !

Special praise for:
- That a few tubes and an idea evolved into this. I do not recall so quickly having seen this before. At least not in this proportion.
- I like it comes with a site. The site is a good read as well. Really agree with the analysis on page 1.

Those two things do really raise the bar a huge extend. Doesn't mean nobody won't be able to jump over the bar again ...so with 360 days to go I will not state it will be BOTY. The challenge has to be left open for other people. Sure they will face a very tough contender, so restorers/builders out there do your utmost to beat this !

Thanks Mel! I agree, everything can be improved upon. I think it will be a good year, everyone seems to be really into it here.

Just reading through your web site, very impressive. Did you use the same type of glue that was used 20 years ago on the original bikes for bonding, or did you go for a new compound? Fantastic story.

ocset":2ymeokgy said:
Just reading through your web site, very impressive. Did you use the same type of glue that was used 20 years ago on the original bikes for bonding, or did you go for a new compound? Fantastic story.

Nope. New glue, better stuff.

Tallpaul":3lp0978w said:
There is no worthy superlative, I simply tip my hat to you sir! :cool:

^ What that man said.

Safe to say that this will be talked about for a long, long time and its importance will be bourne out by our sons and daughters attempting to recreate the Ameybrook Yeti of '09 in twenty years' time...

Fantastic. Achingly, sickeningly fantastic. This will not be beaten. It doesn't have to be. We have reached the zenith...

Well, I don't want to stroke your pole too much Mike but that really is amazing. Attention to detail, amazing story, incredible heritage, what retrobike and VRC are all about in my eyes...

Where do you go from here :shock: ??

Hilts":1j5whdb6 said:
Well, I don't want to stroke your pole too much Mike but that really is amazing. Attention to detail, amazing story, incredible heritage, what retrobike and VRC are all about in my eyes...

Where do you go from here :shock: ??

Cheers James, you've been quiet recently. I needed a pick me up, talk on this thread has been pretty negative. :roll:

Serious, thanks everyone. BOTM, BOTY, etc.... it doesn't matter after all this.

Where to go? There will be other projects. Perhaps none as exciting and chocked with history as this tho.

Nice job Mike, that is really something pretty special :cool: Takes a lot to impress these days but that certainly does :LOL:

Great website too with lots of excellent detail on.

As others have said the bar has certainly been raised somewhat.

wow! :shock:

there is nothing more to say than hasn't already been said, amazing build and attention to detail and even more impressive that chris helped, that bike has impressed me more than any other bike i have seen on here.

like the mona lisa, priceless.

:cool:

Guys, Boy o boy you should have found this thread on the small screen of an Iphone or mobile- let me explain...... to read Ameybrooks poetic opening salvo (and knowing that this guy produces some seriously nice builds), and then to innocently scroll down and see that absolute vision of perfection was one hell of an experience. It has knocked me for six. Thats it- game over, the one, it will never be surpassed. Anything that is created from this point forward will forever be in it's shadow.

Epic.

Si

Latest posts

Back