Wanted: Pics of Tomac's Giant MCM

I´ve had Tioga revolvers a long time ago, rather heavy in circa 990 grams complete with rings and BB but very hard to find now.

But kinda cool.

Would like to buy and fit revolvers on my STS.

kingroon":wa7smwsw said:
Thanks guys, I just bought this Giant MCM [thanks andrewl!] for about GBP35 and was gunna build it up Tomac Stylee [Racelines, Psychos, blue Tioga etc.] but I guess if he never rode one...!!!

I have a book with a Giant team rider (Rune? H?? Sorry not sure about the spelling) on a yellow Team bike with Tioga disc and from memory Mag 21s, Which is what the bike reminded me of. There's a number 2 Grundig plate on the bike so somone here will know who I'm talking about.

I'll find a copy tonight and post tomorrow.

Rune Hoydahl, yes thats the gent. Photos are probably circa 1995 at the latest and are contained in a book titled "Pro Mountain Biking". There's lots of other period shots of Tomac, Henk Djernis etc too.

I don't know the history of the bike at all [mate of the seller's owned it originally etc.], and no way of getting it either.. I'm assuming the forks weren't stock as the rear is set up for Vs and the Judys are clearly Cantis..

Might keep my eye out for a set of Manitou Spyders as they might be more appropriate?

The SL lowers just came thru this morning tho and the Maguras will make the Canti cable stop redundant.. :cool:

Arran":17d14l5a said:
Are those Judys period correct?

From what I could tell from the photos of the bike when it was for sale recently most of the parts and fork are period correct as the bike would have come out of a shop - would have bought it myself if I was in Sydney.

Got my book out to scan the photos at work today but left it on the coffee table at home :x

Caramel Tiogas just turned up too :D

To be honest, I'm not too bothered about it being period correct, just wanna set it up good so it rides great, the Judys won't knock the geometry out which is good..

No worries andrewl, look forward to seeing them tho..

Back