Miyata 912

Jones

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Bit of an impulse buy on ebay last night :roll: don't know anything about them and I probably paid too much for it :LOL: but I was on the lookout for something different :cool:

Only got the ebay pics at the moment, I'll put better ones up once its here ;)

miyata1.jpg

miyata2.jpg

miyata3.jpg

miyata4.jpg

What you have there is an 1988 912. The 136 GBP you paid for it is a steal, what is typical for UK Miyata sales. In the US where this bike was officially imported it is in great demand. It is the top of the line of the more touring orientated models. Tubing is nice 3ple butted tubing with spiral splines at all ends (unlike Columbus SLX, which only has it near the bracket). From Miyata's own tubing mill. Paint consists of 7 or so layers, hence one reason most Miyatas I get my hands on still look quite good to mint. Yours and the Team model (sportier geo) are widely considered the best production roadbikes of their era.

Catalogue picture

I do have a pearlecent orange 1980 Koga GentsLuxe-S, what is pretty much similar to the US 912 of that year =>

2421400586_b23958b5d3.jpg

Lovely- lets see some proper side on shots when you get chance. I Love those 600 rear mechs... think I want another road bike!

Well its here and very nice it is to :D doesn't look like its seen much use and is all original as far as I can see :cool:

I had it delivered to work, so pumped up the tyres and rode it home :) must say the gears indexing perfectly after God knows how long unused did bring a smile to my face :)

I'll get some pics up tomorrow ;)

Latest posts

Back