Show us your cars

993GT2":3e8aungf said:
This is the only one that will take the bikes. And it's a quite comfortable and fast ride as well, despite the size

DSCF2614.jpg

Great cars. I've got a V70, not the R just the 2.5 10v but it's awesome. 160k now and still reliable. Although it's not going to last past it's MOT in June.

i hated my v70 :evil:
2.5 20v turbo awd bag of poo
had as much soul as a mouldy spud
automotive equivalent of beige

horrible thing lol

rob

No way! I am tearing my hair out deciding what I can possibly replace it with that will anywhere near meet it's standard! If I can find a diesel one, it will be another V70! If I could afford the fuel in a T5 it would be that.

MAXTHEROTTI":2kiklunw said:
i hated my v70 :evil:
2.5 20v turbo awd bag of poo
had as much soul as a mouldy spud
automotive equivalent of beige

horrible thing lol

rob

It is a well known fact that the AWD system was not one of Volvo's strongest points. Most of the original AWD cars over here in the Netherlands have been converted to FWD after the AWD system broke. One of the main issues was that the AWD system was very sensitive about the amount of rubber left on the tyres. If there was to much difference between the front and rear tyres the system would break down.

yeah i know about that but that was fine on mine
was just the whole feeling the car gave
my old 240 was miles better
felt like a car should

v70 was just a large dissapointment
that said i have driven a v70 phase 2 t5 and that was miles better (in feel and drive)

rob

Attachments

• DSC00005 [].JPG
    DSC00005 [].JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,341
Nice cars chap
220 gsi turbo is a brill car (thats a early carribean blue one so i would guess at a 91?? so it could even still have a m series engine??)
and maestro turbo is very nice (if you get a good original one)
As a ex rover tech i still think they were much better cars than the vw's i then went to

Rob

It is a GTi Turbo, 1993 T series. They only made the GTi Ts for a year before moving onto the GSi 's.

Thanks for nice comments.

Back