Beasty Project for 2007 - carbon content

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Ok here is my next carbon venture - Beasty - I know very little about this brand other than it was pricey and German made.

DSC00064.jpg

Got it stripped and cleaned up over the new year removing some old LX stuff but This is gonna be an XT build over time, still pondering fork and finishing kit options but that 1-1/4" long headtube is proving a hard one to match a fork to .

DSC00060.jpg

This really is a beautiful frame ➡️

DSC00061.jpg

Rear suspension is aluminium wrapped in carbon and you can see the massive rubber suspension system ➡️

DSC00065.jpg

DSC00063.jpg

Beefy rear brake arch ➡️

DSC00062.jpg

Few scans submitted by Melvin Here, but if anyone else has anything on this 'beasty bikes' company feel free to add it .
;)

Dear Lord! Whoever said that the germans over-build and over-engineer things? ;)

Sweet looking machine though, love to see the finished item. Surely RC35s are the only possible fork (carbon, cnc'ed ali, rubber bumpers and 11/4 headtubes)?

pete_mcc":17kj6yhx said:
and doesn't our Jez have a set up for sale at the mo'......

Have asked for the length of the steerer, just waiting for a reply :roll: , but yeah - could be the one.

Might just be perfect for that bike - the steerer is pretty long...

You will need some elastomers for them though as I think they have pretty much disintegrated inside the fork...However the forks and legs are in super nick.

:idea: Needs to be about 180 - 190mm long

:?: Threaded I pressume :?:

Plus where can I get elastomers from for these forks guys :?:

Very nice Lee!

I see you already made the modifications to make the cranks fit properly.

Erm :oops: ,

Threaded part of the shell kinda came out with the BB, I think the bonding around the threaded part of the shell had worked loose over time so I had noticed movement when I applied some pressure to the BB tool.

You can just see the threaded part and the shell are not actually one piece but have been placed in the alu shell after, a first for me :?

BBracket.jpg

thats good though, it means the threaded part has now been tapped back into place and glued/bonded back into the aluminium shell and I dont have to start worrying about BB sizes spindle sizes and how not to catch the swingarm :)

Cheers Melvin, :mrgreen: well chuffed with this one , looks better without all the tat on it ;)

I like the idea of the BB housing in the housing. The Germans did a proper job on that. When you ruin threads no need to throw away the frame. And if you want to run press in bb you simply put in new housing. Very Cool BUT of course it only should come out when wanted. I hope with you putting it back it place it won't come loose easily.

Looking forward to finished result! The DH3 would have done great in the frame, but a Pace will look ace too.

- Melvin

Back