went for a bike bimble and took some pics

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
had to go to the bank, buy a shed, well, order it anyway and stop at the bikeshop, decided i'd ride to all 3 places in 1 trip via the ferry from the waterside to southampton and back.

so i jump on the explosif for the 7ish miles to the ferry, choose to take a couple of offroad tracks on the way and have to say was quite fun coz i hadn't ridden these little tracks since i stopped commuting to southampton after my job change 6 months ago, jump on the ferry and take a couple of pics, hope you like! got off the ferry and did a little street riding towards the bank, take the bike straight in, sod locking it up outside! then off to the shop, get a cup of tea made and talk the usual bike rubbish and ponce off the recently aquired m900 bits for the kona! carry on riding down to the shed place a few miles away, on the cycle lanes, there is so much silly pointless politically correct health and safety crap on them that it's like a bike play ground so i'm jumping off every kerb or speed bump i can find!!! stick that up your health and safety bottom!! :D :D

then return to the ferry, get off the ferry just as the sun is setting so got a couple more pics, then home.

fun ride and felt suprisingly quick when riding, cool ride! :D

Attachments

• quik hack baiku 001resized.jpg
    quik hack baiku 001resized.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 656
  • quik hack baiku 002resized.jpg
    quik hack baiku 002resized.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 656
  • quik hack baiku 003resized.jpg
    quik hack baiku 003resized.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 656
  • quik hack baiku 004resized.jpg
    quik hack baiku 004resized.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 656
last 2 pics :D

Attachments

• quik hack baiku 007resized.jpg
    quik hack baiku 007resized.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 653
  • quik hack baiku 009resized.jpg
    quik hack baiku 009resized.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 653
I expect it gets regularly salted.. ;)

I was out on the West side of the Forest at lunchtime - beautiful day but still well below freezing. Saw nobody, and only my own tyre tracks from yesterday.

was no ice on the pier but was a few bits on the trails, was a nice day for riding and once i got going it didn't feel too cold until the windchill hit me for a while. i did expect to ache a bit after aswell but feel fine so think i'm properly over the flu/cold thing that i had for the last week or so. :D

back to work tomorrow though so i think a couple of easy turbo sessions for the next few days, i want to try and get a bit fitter for the summer, and fit for the summer means hours on the bike and turbo in the winter!

:D

Back