Pics of Graeme Obree's Bike, 'Old Faithful'

I had the pleasure of meeting Graeme once or twice when he was riding for the Leo RC/Shorter Rochford when i worked for Shorter Rochford. Very nice (misunderstood) guy. Some elements of the film were a shock to me too.

ededwards":4non0un5 said:
Oh, and in a not unconnected but much more light hearted vein, The Hour by Michael Hutchison is also well worth a read.

Dr Hutch is a very funny guy. Did anybody see last weeks CW?

velomaniac":abvtevbb said:
Seen that wonderful bike in the National Museum of Scotland :D

A true low tech superstar, he even carbo loaded with marmalde sandwiches before a record attempt instead of the hitech sports nutrition foods other athletes used :LOL:

The world needs more Graeme Obree's

It certainly does. He didn't like to warm up...Why knacker yourself before you start? He used to 'weight train' by riding up steep hills in a huge gear!

velomaniac":26vdjq5i said:
Seen that wonderful bike in the National Museum of Scotland :D

That's where the pics were taken :D

I walked around the new part and only realised there was more of it when coming out and exited via the main entrance :?

Didn't have time to go around that as I had a plane to catch to get home.

I'll have to go back up there again to finish off what I should've seen firstly last time.......

The guy is a living legend.

What he acheived with next to no support is amazing :shock:

Anybody know what the bike is in the 2nd pic of Obree? (GT trip triangle shaped) Is it a homemade??

I met him once,many moons ago. Got a personally signed picture of him in his rainbow jersey tucked away safely :D
Nice chap, a living legend that's been seemingly forgotten by most :(

Latest posts

Back