time i came clean! halfords content

Good for cables and bike boxes-

what else do you need?

when Retrobike provides the rest!!

work FOR halfords? surely shome mishtake? everybody ive met that works at halfords actually works AGAINST halfords.

and dont get me started on currys/DSG.

The Glasgow Shawfield branch of your employers
"levered" off the upper race of my CK headset,with a bloody screwdriver :shock:
Irreparable damage,worst thing is i didnt notice for a couple of months

Mind you that was 5 years ago,i think they're a bit more professional these days now they have a larger slice of the market

I like Halfords for parts and stuff but I have learned never to get anything fixed by the machanics. They often are enthusiastic but seldom competent or least ways thats the case at my local branch, I'm sure any Halfords mechanics on here are fabulous spanner operatives :D .

Once I found a staff member telling a punter that he could only replace his 26" knobbly tyres with ones of exactly the same width and thus the 26x1.5 slicks he was looking at would not fit his mtb !!!!
I had to step in and advise the punter thus securing a sale for Halfords, I received no commision :roll:

Do like the bikes though, even the Carerra's. The Carbon Titan XC hardtail is very tasty !

hoegaardenadds1":1p5ngnos said:
right here goes...

i work for halfords....

anyone else?

bl##dy hell. The way you put makes it sound more serious than
"Hi, I'm John. I'm an alcoholic"

Youre out there earning a crust and doing your best. Better than the millions of others for whom doling is a lifestyle choice.

ow do all, afraid i have to hold my hands up as well, i work for the dreaded company. it really is a sure way to kill your love for bikes. i have a dreaded 15 mile commute each way (which alas is keeping my fit) but isnt great. you have to deal with nasty cheap bikes, customers who want every thing, inlcuding your soul for a cheap £100 bike that you know will be back with-in a few weeks for repairs. the pay is the worst part, for doing a semi skilled job and running a whole department, you are blessed with the mighty sum of £5.75phr! oh and the discount is a joke! even with discount chain reaction is still far cheaper!
i know its make a living but at what cost? as i said, since working for halfords my love for bikes has dwindled and i can not see it getting better.
i would earn more flipping buggers! i know i shouldnt say this but if you have the choice, avoid halfords for your own good! lol

safe trails

oh and in-responce to a previous comment, yep a fair few mechanics at halfords are not really up to it, but having worked for variuos bike companys before and having done two full seasons working out in morzine on bikes, i would like to say i could fix most halfords bikes without problems, but i'm not saying i'm as good as andy kiffin, i'm not. ;)

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hell i would do a lot, but flipping buggers is one job i wouldn't. :LOL:

Al.

Latest posts

Back