time i came clean! halfords content

at ours everyone is trained through work by myself (no official training but tinkering for nearly 24 years!) or two other colleagues who are cytech level 3 trained so not too bad.

always fun looking at peoples bikes thet've built themselves though ;)

Halfords are a weird sort of Marks&Spencer;

You only go there for occasionally for bits,

or

"This isn't just any mountain bike........This is a Halfords mountain bike......"

:D :D :D

IMHO, A bike should only have a kite mark when built by someone with the correct training.

i had a few bikes come back that had been built by some numpty,that were so bad that i took the owner to one side and talked them through a few simple tasks. The thought that some six year old is riding a bike in such poor condition in traffic frightens me.

For a box of random bits to be sold, and a dad pissed the night before christmas to nail it together is crap. You can't buy an electrical item without a plug! but a child can ride a bike down a duel carriagway on a bike with the rear wheel hanging out!! Strange world! :shock:

Al. :D

completely agree with you al. but few people are willing to wait to have the bike built, especially around xmas. in our store we offer to build EVERY bike we sell, but inevitably there is a waiting list :(

Employ more people! Radical i know. Halfords could even have a ( how too) evening for the parents, so they could watch how to build and safety check the bikes they buy.
Just a quick brake set up lesson to people would be helpful,i'm sure.

Al. :D

we do try to go through it with most people, but its hard to get people to listen! i personally have done quite a bit with the cycle proficiency people at my old store, and one of my mates holds an evening once a term at the uni, on basic bike maintenance. we also give a pdi form to everyone who takes a boxed bike so they know what to look for, even if they don't understand how to do it :D

What do you mean wont listen!

Clip them around the ear, and tell them to shut up. :D

Works for my Mrs! :shock:

Al.

ps if you didn't get the other message,get stuffed! :LOL: ;)

Back