Took a couple of pics of my Fat Chance Buckshaver...

Ziggy

Senior Retro Guru
Figured it's getting fairly close to 'finished' (not that it'll ever be there really), & it was a nice day so I thought I'd take a couple of snaps! :)

DSC_5491680.jpg

DSC_5508680.jpg

DSC_5544680.jpg

DSC_5561680.jpg

DSC_5519680.jpg

DSC_5534680.jpg

Class :D

Has it been resprayed?

And is that an external BB i spy?

John":3bxuj1sc said:
Class :D

Has it been resprayed?

And is that an external BB i spy?

Yup! Chas Roberts (IIRC - was before I owned it) swapped the seat tube & it was sprayed at the same time... would have looked a bit of a mess otherwise I guess. :)

M950 BB & (polished) cranks though.

Nice spray job. Are the decals laquered over? Some aren't quite in the right place which is the only small critique I would make of any otherwise very nice build...

A spec list!
Things to change are the headset if/when this one gives up the ghost (it's annoyingly good!), I'd like a 29.4mm seatpost to do away with the current shimmed one, & I think I'll polish the spider. The saddle's a bit tired too, so I might throw a flite at it sometime. Pretty happy with the rest of it though! :)

Frame: Fat Chance Buckshaver

Fork: Rockshox Judy SL

Headset: Unbranded cartridge jobbie - works too well to justify swapping it for a CK! Yet!
Stem: Control Tech
Handlebar: Control Tech
Grips: Specialized
Barends: Control Tech

Brakes: Pauls Stoplight MC
Brake Pads: Aztec
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: Onza Chill Pills
Brake Levers: X-lite Chicken Stix

Shifters: XT thumbies
Front Derailleur: M953 XTR
Rear Derailleur: M950 XTR
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: SRAM
Chain: SRAM
Cranks: M950 XTR (Polished, with 5-arm spider)
Crank Bolts: M950 XTR
Chainrings: Race-face
Chainring bolts: Shimano
Bottom Bracket: M950 XTR
Pedals: Shimano SPD

Hub Skewers: Venhill Ti
Rims: Mavic 117 CD
Hubs: Hope front, XTR rear
Tyres: Maxxis Advantage

Saddle: Ritchey Logic WCS Ti
Seatpost: Control Tech
Seatpost Binder: Came with the frame

John":2asf5d3d said:
Nice spray job. Are the decals laquered over? Some aren't quite in the right place which is the only small critique I would make of any otherwise very nice build...

Yeah... I really should get round to sorting that out - they're not lacquered IIRC.

Inigo Montoya":2asf5d3d said:
beautiful bike, beautiful pictures :D
thanks for sharing!

If Jesus was watching this thread, he'd be interested in that first pic! :cool:

Reworded in case of offence to Christians:

Jesus is watching this thread and he's interested in that first pic!

Yes, get rid of the shimmed post. Shims are bad anyway, but it makes it also easier for moisture to enter and the original FAT seal won't make sense than.

That is a handsome bike you have. Never rode one extensively, but it is said by many happy Buck riders that the Buck offer the same handling characteristcs as the Yo while offering a more comfortable ride at the same time. Yo's are sometimes perceived to stiff by skinny people.

Your Buck is a rider ?

Back