Groovy

"Thanks! I do maintain that I think there's a little Cy Cotic/Brant On One-style worship element to it."

This is hardly the same,this guy actually makes his frames.

MJN, I spose that makes it quite a bit more justifiable than all the cyberfellation Brant receives.

guybe, maybe I have poor taste...but that's one of the ugliest high-end bikes I've ever seen.

kaiser":21vbqzlm said:
AFAIK he trained under bill grove of grove innovations(?)
thank you, finally someone mentions it!!

thecannibal":21vbqzlm said:
Why is there such a disproportionately high interest in Groovy frames on this forum? The couple I've seen have been pretty spectacularly unattractive to my mind. There are a great many small custom builders who produce exceptional frames. Is the owner/builder a poster on here?

It often seems that retrobike is the tail that wags the dog - the forum creates trends based on a few prominent posters' opinions. You need only look to the new cult status of Klein for evidence of this - mass produced aluminium bikes prone to dents and cracks now achieving vast sums of money at auction for their collectable value.

Discuss!
this post is so insulting it makes my blood boil :evil:
you obviously have no clue about groovy and dare to claim that
It seems that retrobike is the tail that wags the dog
!?!?!
in other forums they would have wiped the floor with your face (and deservedly so)! you can be happy that the retrobike.co.uk folks are such nice fellas...

If that makes your blood boil perhaps you ought to take a little step back from things. I have no idea how any of this can make you angry. I think the bikes are really ugly and I think retrobike is influencial in vintage mtb buying trends. So what?

wow, chill out guys, it's only bikes!!

who said that?! wasn't me!! :LOL:

seriously though, thecanibal is expressing a preference not saying rody's bikes aren't bloody good. let's face it pretty much any frame builder who is successful is more than likely to be making good frames! doesn't mean everyone will like them, i don't like alot of brands out there, some that are loved on this site, i generally keep quiet about those brands so as not to upset anyone, all the cannibal is saying is basically why do you like them? and most have answered, and some have answered with a sheer disbelief that he still doesn't like them. it's his choice, you can't make him like them!! :LOL:

having read the entire thread, i think it is clear the cannibal didn't mean to offend and has said so in various posts but is standing by his statements.

so as i said at the start of the post, chill out! it's only bikes!! :LOL:

i'll expect a thread of hating orange then at somepoint!!! :LOL:

1. insult:
thecannibal":1jf033sj said:
Why is there such a disproportionately high interest in Groovy frames on this forum? The couple I've seen have been pretty spectacularly unattractive to my mind.
its your right to tell us your opinion about any bike on the planet but just starting a thread to claim that "the interest in groovys is disproporitionaly high" and them being "pretty spectacularly unattractive" is harsh, reckless and insulting.

2. insult:
Is the owner/builder a poster on here?
in the context you are hinting that Rody Wooster is pushing his own brand here on retrobike which is harsh, reckless and insulting.

3. insult:
It often seems that retrobike is the tail that wags the dog - the forum creates trends based on a few prominent posters' opinions.
if we are all trend zombies here on retrobike controlled by "prominent posters' opinions" how come we have that huge diversity of bikes here?!

4. insult:
You need only look to the new cult status of Klein for evidence of this - mass produced aluminium bikes prone to dents and cracks now achieving vast sums of money at auction for their collectable value.
tell me, what is that useless comment for other than to insult klein owners?!

you mr. thecannibal are a troll!

wow inigo, you are upset. :shock:

***waves a wight flag*****

i do hate it when a thread goes like this, i sort of felt i had to comment to calm it down, should have kept me gob shut!! :LOL:

can we all be friends? :D group hug maybe?

Oh I can't be fucked with this. I had genuine questions which some people were able to answer reasonably. I've said in numerous posts that I didn't intend to offend and apologised for doing so if I did. This is ******* BIKES. I love cycling. It's my life. But it's not worth this bullshit bickering. I am not a 'troll', you pathetic little man.

thecannibal":4cmhnfmo said:
Why is there such a disproportionately high interest in Groovy frames on this forum? The couple I've seen have been pretty spectacularly unattractive to my mind.

I don’t know how you can say this - they just seem to be standard ‘diamond back’ style frames, all these types of frame from every brand in the world look the same to me! (Ok ok there are some subtle differences like fat down tubes and such trivial details). If you said you didn’t like the paint work that would be a fair call.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the standard diamond back frames (I own 2 myself), but for really spectacularly attractive and innovative frames you have to look at full suspension bikes! Now here we have a real variety of designs, even works of art! Diamond back style frames have a utilitarian purpose, which is somewhere to put nice retro bits until a full suspension frame comes along. ;)

(I just feel like I’ve farted in an elevator and left). :shock:

Back