Groovy

ededwards, just to clarify again: I misunderstood something orange71 wrote because of a slightly confusing coincidence in the month I joined the forum and the last month Rudy posted being the same. It's probably easier to reread the posts than understand my ramblings though. I don't suggest anyone is disputing my right to an opinion.

And a final time I'll just reiterate that I'm sure his bikes are made to a decent (perhaps exceptionally high) standard. His welds may be the best in the world, geometry as dialed in as can be and paint finish second to none. I just happen to think (for a number of reasons) that they're really pretty ugly. Again, this wasn't at all the main point of my original post.

Ed it seems like you upset someone everytime you post lately! :D ;)

Cannibal as someone once said (and for the life of me i cannot remember who) you are entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is! :D ;)

Rody is a top bloke though, very helpful

even if Rody doesnt post a lot , he always find the time to answer a question by pm about frame repair or else .

missmyfat":2n8t2ncu said:
Ed it seems like you upset someone everytime you post lately! :D ;)

Hmm, it would seem so, clearly I am not entitled to an opinion :evil:

missmyfat, it was Evlyn Beatrice Hall but she pretty much pinched it off Voltaire. People often attribute it to others as well, but they're wrong. And Ed didn't upset me in the slightest. I really hope an internet forum can never upset me!

thecannibal":exh5btw4 said:
missmyfat, it was Evlyn Beatrice Hall but she pretty much pinched it off Voltaire. People often attribute it to others as well, but they're wrong. And Ed didn't upset me in the slightest. I really hope an internet forum can never upset me!

Thanks for the clarification :D

Whenever we can get Voltaire into a thread has to be a good time for all (note to self, must try harder to offend)

thecannibal":1ittxk4h said:
Why is there such a disproportionately high interest in Groovy frames on this forum?
Discuss!

Of 322872 searchable posts, 162 (including this one) contain the word 'Groovy'.

0.05% is disproportionately high?

And I don't really like Kleins either...

TC you should have a look at Rody's blog or site, 2 bikes isn't really gonna give you a great idea of any builders work. And yes there probably is a disproportionate amount of interest compared to sycip or retrotec or waltworks etc I'll take a semi educated guess though that its because

he posts here
a few members have bikes
AFAIK he trained under bill grove of grove innovations(?)
He supplies fat chance decals and has done some resto work
AFAIK also he has a selection of retro bikes too
as well as as others have said about generally being a good egg and free with his advice

ps I'm sold and would have one in a minute and hopefully will get some bars in the not too distant future :D

I ought to have said that I've seen a couple here (I think I've seen 2?), and his website. I do feel a bit bad that this has become all about whether they're nice or not (not because he posts here). I wouldn't ever start a thread just to say I think a builder's work looks rubbish. That's just not very nice.

The reasons you list there, kaiser, constitute a pretty comprehensive answer to my original question. Thanks! I do maintain that I think there's a little Cy Cotic/Brant On One-style worship element to it. But that's hardly the worst thing in the world.

Hopefully I'll have something constructive to add to the forum to make up for apparently getting off on very much the wrong foot!

Back