Snowdon, yesterday. (downhill content).

Nice one, Snowdons a great ride.

I rode up it last spring and took the Ranger Path back down, its not quite as flat out as the Llanberis route but does have some stunning descending and tends to be a bit quieter for ripping it up :D :D :D .

It is all do-able on a hardtail but full bounce is fun.

We used to do Snowdon two or three times a year on rigid bikes in the early 90s. As I recall it most of it was rideable up and down on a rigid but I might be wrong.

One of the lads at uni had one of those 80 quid "ATB"s but he was by far the best downhiller. Balls of steel getting huge air on the run down.

Time for a revisit I think. Llanberis slate mine from the top was a personal fave as well. Puncture alley though

Crell":2yckud2c said:
We used to do Snowdon two or three times a year on rigid bikes in the early 90s. As I recall it most of it was rideable up and down on a rigid but I might be wrong.

One of the lads at uni had one of those 80 quid "ATB"s but he was by far the best downhiller. Balls of steel getting huge air on the run down.

Time for a revisit I think. Llanberis slate mine from the top was a personal fave as well. Puncture alley though

its defo rideable rigid, anything is, it would be stupid to say you need full suss, it just depends on how fast you want to go!

theres a section we call cheesegrater, if you fell off thats what a the terrain would do to your flesh.

also three riders and four blow outs! (punctures)!

Thats some fantastic scenery you got to go riding in :cool:
Problem is you dont get to enjoy it too much,too busy staying upright :LOL:

How does the LTS handle it compared to the other more modern bike?
Does it hold its own,so to speak?

it cool isnt it :cool:

the LTS doesnt really allow you to go over some of the bigger stuff at speed, so id lose sight of the other riders when the going got really hairy and i had to pick my line, other than that and the difference in stopping power theres not much in it..

I think i had more fun tho! :D

I was there this year riding and it was one of the best places i have ever ridden, there are parts so beautiful and so quiet you could lose yourself for hours!

You lucky bugger Crud!!!!

Back