Sold!

barry2017

Old School Grand Master
Hello-
I have a Norhtec MicroClient Jr miniature computer for sale. These are very power efficient(less than most desktops running on standby), tiny(about the size of two packets of fags) and almost completely silent.
They use compact flash cards, USB memory sticks or conventional hard disks to run whatever operating system you like. I will provide it with Puppy Linux installed on a memory stick for an extra £5 if you want to use it as a power efficient web browser, but that's just a starting point - it's the kind of thing you could find all kinds of uses for if you were inventive. It's got an American plug on its power supply, but I've run it through an adaptor, which I will include for free.
Be the envy of all your nerdy friends and do something in the warm after your ride!
Full specs at http://www.norhtec.com.
This was really expensive, as the price on their website doesn't include shipping or import duty. So at £80 is an absolute bargain, but I'm off travelling soon so make an offer, it has to go and I'm not easily offended!
I also have a MicroClient Sr. This is externally identical, but has a more powerful processor and more RAM. £120 posted.

I can run Windows, probably XP Embeded or CE though.
With or without Wi-Fi ?

Shame it has no DVI or HDMI port would have thought about buying it.

Why not use Linux for that then if it's all you want it for, no need for Windows.

Though a few of the Routers will run bit torrent on them, forget which bit most run a cut down linux now and people customise the kernels/firmware to do just that. It then directs the traffic to a USB addon if possible or a NAS or just to a local PC.

yes thats the kind of thing Im looking to do.

Windows is just easier for me thats all - I dont have the desire or time to feck about with Linux / Ubuntu compatibilities/cross platform etc

A lot of mates swear by ubuntu but I just want the platform I use to do the work for me... not the other way round...

I've answered your PM before I saw this.
I'm sure it'd be fine as a torrent downloader. Linux would be sweet for this.

They do if you want me to provide them set up with Puppy Linux for an extra £5. You get web browsing, a word processor and a load of other things too, then! Plus, of course, on in the eye to Micro$oft. ;)

Back