Marin Indian Fire Trail 1994

cherrybomb":1y2xvnv4 said:
That's looking like it will build up into a cracker.

I had a friend who had the IFT with the CNC chainstay bridge (I think that's the '95). His was all XT with a Manitou fork up front. It was a beaut of a bike.
ifts from 1992 to 1994 were all the same frame afaik. the 1995 was a really nice update with that cnc bb section. they are rare though.
cherrybomb":1y2xvnv4 said:
I'm looking forward to watching this one develop. :cool:
don't hold your breath. this will take a while...

don't hold your breath. this will take a while..

I'll race yer!
I'll be watching with interest.

Oh, another thing. Just realised that your username is the spaniard from 'the princess bride'. Cool. I like that.

:evil:
with a headtube of 12cm and a fork steerer length of 15,3cm the Shimano XT M741 is to tall with its 37,5mm stackheight. will have to go for a ritchey logic with 33mm stackheight. ➡️ some more waiting :(
polished up the old seatpost. looks cool but no pics yet :D

hamster":r61xdflm said:
I have a Pine Mtn of the same age. I think they all had Ritchey Logics.
right. wanted to go for the shimano xt headset because its from the m737 groupset and high quality. bad decision :LOL:

The original headset did actually last for a long time on this bike. I only changed it for a new Ritchey Ahead set when I changed to suspension forks. Sorry I didn't keep the original headset, but you should be able to re-sell the XT one, and the Ritchey one that was fitted when I sent it to you as it had done less than 50 road miles. The rigid forks probably still had the crown race attached too.

there's still some rust left in and on the fork but i would be way too much work to get rid of the chrome plating asf. so i just cavity sealed the fork yesterday. luckily the ritchey headset arrived in time so i was able to install both today.
marin-ift-1994-3.JPG

marin-ift-1994-4.JPG

marin-ift-1994-5.JPG

the next problem i face is that i have to respray the stem. it was quite rusty when i got it so stripped the paint. bought some aerosol cans with primer asf. but its too cold to do the respay (~5 deg in my cave :shock: ). hmmmm....

finally i got around to respray the stem...
marin-stem-1.jpg

marin-stem-2.jpg

worked perfectly! degreased with nitro solvent. 3x primer, 3x blue metalic and 3x clear lacquer. never thought it would look so good :)

Back