King Kahuna

Yo Crashy

Devout Dirtbag
Managed to break a chain tool at the most inappropriate time, so this is currently set up as a Nowt Speed.

Anyway I'll sort a chain and take some better pictures tomorrow...

97 King Kahuna, 06 :evil: SIDS (hopefully not for long), King headset, Mavic Crossrides, Race Face Deus crank, Thomson post and stem and my favourite Titec Flat Tracker bars.

yl35i6.jpg

Its a 19".

She does look nose high. Cant work it out...

Was originally built with Fox Float 100mm forks which made the head angle waaaaay too slack. Put the 80mm SID's on and it still looks high at the front. Maybe its crying out for some Ti P2's.

Lush! Will have to come and have a look sometime soon - sounds like you've got some proper steeds there :)

Might steal those Sids too... :twisted:

Looks nice if still a little high at the front, can't understand it as I've got rigid forks that are 440mm axle to crown on mine (was after 420's but there you go) mine doesn't appear as high...?

If you get on with singlespeeding you might want to get a WI ENO Eccentric hub instead.

Been out and done 29 miles on mine this morning, my we've had some rain!
:)

Yeah the high front end thing is weird. Still it rode nicely and doesnt feel too high with the flat bars.

Singlespeed is cool and I spend most of my time playing on a s/s Santa Cruz or a fixed wheel road/cross/hack/pub thing. ENO hub is a brilliant bit of kit, but think Im gonna stick with the Singleator for now and then it may get gears when the weather gets nicer.

Yo Crashy":a9qci8vm said:
Its a 19".

She does look nose high. Cant work it out...

Was originally built with Fox Float 100mm forks which made the head angle waaaaay too slack. Put the 80mm SID's on and it still looks high at the front. Maybe its crying out for some Ti P2's.

I'm surprised you found the 100mm fox made the head angle too slack as the 97s like your frame were shown in the catalog with a 100mm bomber, although this may be one reason why they switched to the 68mm Z2s for 98 and 99 model years.

One reason that it may look visually high at the front with the SID on is the low overlap on the lowers. ie the seal level on the SID you have is below the rim level (closer to the hub), whereas most other forks have more overlap on the lowers/stanchin and hence the seal is above the rim height.

Back