Muddy Fox Courier

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Picked it up ... Very surprised with its condition. Very happy when the chap opened up the garage door to some nicely kept bikes (always a good sign) then told he was the 2nd owner and his mate was the first!! :D

The rear mech has fallen apart and the only other MAJOR concern is the stuck seat post but hopefully sort that in the morning ... Anyway here are the first pics on collection :D

Its not too big either!! The c16r is a 17" frame to compare

Forgot to add the chassis number is TH87 01 088894 so I am guessing its 1987??

DSC_0495.jpg

DSC_0493.jpg

DSC_0492.jpg

DSC_0494.jpg

DSC_0497.jpg

DSC_0487.jpg

DSC_0486.jpg

DSC_0489.jpg

DSC_0488.jpg

DSC_0482.jpg

DSC_0483.jpg

DSC_0490.jpg

DSC_0481.jpg

DSC_0480.jpg

Now that is proper retro :cool:

Really looking forward to see this built up and running. One of my mates had one identical way back when,I always remeber the large hubs and paw print logo's. Is the paint pearlescent too ?

Top find and a good one to get your teeth into :LOL:

paint pearlescent too ?

It sure is!! :cool:

Too be fair the photos prob make it look cleaner than it really is ... Its well chipped etc and the gear/brake cables are really really course which over 20 years have made there mark :roll:

I would love to know the tyres that are meant to go on the rims ??

This well made me laugh .... The rims are that wide that in the garage the bike stood up on its own on them?!!?!? :shock: :shock:

Just got to get this damn seat post shifted now? :roll:

Thats funny :LOL:

From memory they were a kina spotty tread, from that era they would have been more x1.75 than x1.95.

Seat post is usual douse in penatrating oil toinght and then bench vice with you and a strong mate tomorrow :LOL:

Thanks for that, I already have mailed Wu asking if he can send me the original scan as I cant read the small print when I enlarge it :cry:

Another thing that surprised me .... Its not that heavy either, I was expecting it to weigh a ton but its not that bad :D

Lovin it, really want one of these now, :cool: try coca cola for the seat tube.

Back