Monolith Rebound Pix

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Found some previously unpublished images of a Monolith I stumbled upon in Another Bike Shop, Santa Cruz... surely one of the most amazing bikes dreamt up and actually made?! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Mr K

Attachments

• Rebounder.jpg
    Rebounder.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 2,829
  • Monolith Rebound 2.jpg
    Monolith Rebound 2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 2,828
  • Monolith Rebound 1.jpg
    Monolith Rebound 1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 2,828
More Monolith

... no doubt Scant has ridden one into the ground, broken it in a thousand places and thinks it's a pile of toss...! :LOL:

Mr K

Attachments

• Monolith Rebound 5.jpg
    Monolith Rebound 5.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2,824
  • Monolith Rebound 3.jpg
    Monolith Rebound 3.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 2,825
  • Monolith Rebound 4.jpg
    Monolith Rebound 4.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 2,826
:LOL:

Very sano (i read that in MBA once, not too sure what it means).

Thought you'd bagged one. How many of these did they make? Pretty sure I've an MBA with a review of one of these.

Re: More Monolith

mrkawasaki":33ykh73n said:
... no doubt Scant has ridden one into the ground, broken it in a thousand places and thinks it's a pile of toss...! :LOL:

nope... that just applies to most of your collection ;)

they were massively expensive.. yeh some cool machined touches, but not worth the high price... which is probs why its still there. frame looks okay, forks are fugly.

They were cheap. Back than I raced for them and I met up with the guys at the Monolith head office and we went trough all the special features and design input that went into them. That they could that for that money. Phoe..

On a sidenote: The fork got many awards for being pretty. Not from me, but there seem to be a kind of consensus it is pretty.

Back