SPAM BIKING'S WINTER CHALLENGE WHO'S COMING?

Right then guys, this morning at 9am on my way to set up the course/marquees it was -5.5 and when i left it was +3. Tomorrow is expected to be the same.
I will be useing mud tyres but have been told that any tyre will do at the moment as the muddy bits are minimal.

Do we have a list of who's coming :?: Apart from Birdman and myself.

Well that was fun :D Got round the 50K route and got back just before 1PM. Hope you all got down the superslick downhills ok, I've never had as many sketchy moments at such speed before :shock:

Lack of mud was nice, as was the final bit of singletrack, lots of tankroad though :? .

jujst got home after dropping off adwam, we hung around abit for burgers and tea!! :LOL:

chuffed that i still have a rear mech, salisbury plain has a habit of eating them!! this time thanks to frost and lack of loads of mud means the bike hardly needs cleaning!! :D but i will anyway . . . tomorrow!

anyway hot shower is calling, i got a few pics, i'll post them later if they are any good!

ok, picture time!! :D

Attachments

• salisbury plain challenge 005resized.jpg
    salisbury plain challenge 005resized.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 872
  • salisbury plain challenge 015resized.jpg
    salisbury plain challenge 015resized.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 872
  • salisbury plain challenge 018resized.jpg
    salisbury plain challenge 018resized.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 872
  • salisbury plain challenge 021resized.jpg
    salisbury plain challenge 021resized.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 872
a couple more including the burger van!! the most important part of the day, bacon sarni to start, burger to finish!! :D

bike choice of the day was clockwork for me and c16r for adam, made him ride retro, aren't i mean!! :LOL:

Attachments

• salisbury plain challenge 026resized.jpg
    salisbury plain challenge 026resized.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 869
  • salisbury plain challenge 027resized.jpg
    salisbury plain challenge 027resized.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 869
oh and the other thing that was good about the day was when i was putting the bikes on the roof of the car a guy with the biggest lambchop sideburns i have ever seen came and took a pic of my bike saying it was bike of the day!! :D :D

he was riding an on one singlespeed iirc, so thanks for that, he did say he reads the forum but i don't think he was a member, i'm sure from my description of you you will know who you are! :LOL:

Back