more pc help

cchris2lou

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
my pc keeps crashing and i need to re install windows xp everyday .

the message error is Win32 has encountered a problem and system need to shut down .

anybody has a clue on what to do ?

I think I caught a virus which attacks the system everytime I reload or a bit of my hardware is dead ? ( motherboard or hard drive ) .

if it's happening even after you reinstall windows i'd strongly suspect hardware

right-click on my computer, select properties, then on the advanced tab click the third settings button (startup and recovery options).

remove the tick from "automatically restart" - this means you'll get a Blue screen of death instead of a reboot - let us know what appears on this screen.

thnaks , will let you know what happens when it crashes again .

it is a 6 year old E machine , so not too fussed , it is just annoying . :evil:

Actually reinstall, or just reboot.

Cannot see why you would bother installing everyday.

Sounds like one of the old shutdown one's
Pick on of the online Virus scans (Online Virus Scan in google helps here)

Or it could just be hardware and needs a good cleanup inside for example.

I need to re install everyday with restore cd .

it just crashed but re started despite the fact I have un ticked the automatic re start . :?

it aslo says windows cannot find the C/program .

to be fair, i know times are tough but if its 6 years old its probably earnt its money.

pcs are loads cheaper now than before, and if you're lucky enough to be able to slip one together it'll be even cheaper plus you get to pick your own parts.

could be worth, just taking on the side of the case, and reseating everything, just incase its a loose connection, but yeah, pc's are cheap esp with sales currently on, so grab a bargain.

cchris2lou":3f6qxps2 said:
I need to re install everyday with restore cd .

it just crashed but re started despite the fact I have un ticked the automatic re start . :?

it aslo says windows cannot find the C/program .

Defo sounds like a hardware problem.

How long is the PC running before it re-starts? It could be just a matter of re-seating everything like mattbrown says. Just pull the cables from their connectors one at a time and then re-attach them. If this doesn't work then it will be a matter of trying things one at a time.

One thing some people overlook is that the heat transfer compound between the CPU and the heatsink needs replacing every now and again. If it gets too old then it doesn't work as it should, causing the CPU to overheat.

If you could try to write down the exact wording of the error message maybe it'll give us a better idea of what is going wrong.

It could be due to your CPU getting too hot or possibly your power supply packing up. Have you noticed your fans more lately ?
Might be worth removing the the side panel and hoovering any dust especially around the heatsink and fans and case vents.

There is apparently an issue with AOL so if you use AOL this might be relevant
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/220956

The other possibility is you have removed a program without uninstalling it properly. It maybe still trying to load on startup.

Go to START RUN then type MSCONFIG select OK then select the START UP folder
Check through the entries of programs trying to stert up when you boot.
If you find anything that you have recently removed then untick the box. Likewise anything you do not need to start up when you boot up. That will be stuff like Office Winzip Adobe etc etc
Select APPLY then OK
The next time you boot the PC you will get a little message just tick the box 'don't remind me again' and select 'do not restart now'

Its also imortant to turn off Windows automatic updates until you get the PC stable again.
START CONTROL PANEL SYSTEM AUTOMATIC UPDATES select TURN OFF AUTO UPDATES

Back