My New "retro"

get a bigger hammer

Dirt Disciple
Its a new frame as are all the components except the pedals and tyres but I believe its "soul" is retro. I've designed the geometry for multiple uses but she remains quick with neutral handling. What do you guys and girls think?

Just waiting to persuade myself to buy some matching honey coloured Brooks leather handle bar tape, trim the steerer to the correct length after a few hundred miles and like wise the front brake hose then Its time to get seriously acquainted for my trans Iceland "Spregisandur" in the summer.

Just good solid proven components. See Santa does exist ;)

Attachments

• Alves-1.jpg
    Alves-1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 2,433
  • Alves-2.jpg
    Alves-2.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 2,433
Nice, I like Charlies work... (he did the new dropouts on my Explosif which are ace).

What tubes is it, and what forks are those?

I'm not 7 foot tall but I am a little different in my diamensions (Gibbon comes to mind), hence the different looking frame. I've found some olives so that I can trim the front brake hose now........ thankfully. The frame is Reynolds 725, plenty stiff and light with that forgiving steel feel for long hard days in the saddle. The forks likewise and custom built again by Charlie.

The saddle is suprisingly comfortable and can only improve in time as do all Brooks saddles. Future additions to include some better rolling tyres for the great adventure accross Iceland. Any suggestions would be welcome. Something with a good air volume reasonable weight and ability to stand up to the abrasive volcanic ash.

Looking at getting a trailer as well. Fancy a BOB trailer. A single wheel is preferred as they tend not to self steer. Any suggestions?

Now I've got time I shall renovate some of that old Campag record OR and Icarus gear and the Pace RC 35's for sale.

Love it! If I bought a brand new bike I'd want it to look like this......albeit a bit smaller :D

Stu

I know someone who has a once used Bob Yak trailer that they are looking to sell - let me know if you are interested

Cheers

Ed

get a bigger hammer":2aecq0wj said:
Future additions to include some better rolling tyres for the great adventure accross Iceland. Any suggestions would be welcome. Something with a good air volume reasonable weight and ability to stand up to the abrasive volcanic ash.

specialized do some large volume XC tyres @ reasonable weights

Back