Alu and Ti bolts/nuts/screws

FluffyChicken

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Any recommends for Titanium and Aluminium alloy bolts etc..
The usual ones for mechs, stems, brake( Ti) and bottle bolts etc (Alu)

Been looking through the bay I see a few on there for Ti, not looked at Alu yet.

So does anyone recommend a 'online shop' ebay shop' ... ?

Some of my bolts need replacing, and the Alu red bolts are fading so want a good quality anodize job here.

google 'nylon and alloy'

sorry too hacked off to post linky for you - having great day, broken rear Aksium wheel (hopefully covered by warranty) and the clamp on my USE Alien has snapped - 10 miles of out of the saddle riding , fearful of the very sharp minimalist spike located atop my seat post..... would tell you the rest but I'd only sound like Leonard Cohen.

Happy Christmas

guybe, water bottle bolts look good, though would never dream of using Alu for the rearmech or Chainset main bolts :shock:

( I know about the snap-away for rear mech, but to be honest that came about from weight weenie must haves and snap away was a get out clause for the fact they would snap and so they could make a selling point ;-) )
-----------
I'll check out the other links as well but apparently I will not under any circumstances be using the Internet tomorrow :xmas-wink:

+1 for tasty-nuts (pro-bolt). very helpfull, worth going to the shop in tewkesbury if you live near, you get a discount if you collect. good quality too, everything is produced in the uk, so its not some nasty chinese rubbish.

You'd have to be nuts to use a ti or alu bolt on a stem. Brakes would also be a worrying place to have them.

Back