SOUTHWEST Retro-ride... Sunday 4th Jan - Haldon

I'll be on this, put some gears on it only this afternoon 1x8.Still a bit of fiddling to do but pretty much 'good to go' though :) .
Hope the weather stays as it is :!:

Attachments

• blast.JPG
    blast.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 8,501
trying to get my cinder cone going which i bought on tuesday hopefully ready for sunday

meeting point

we are meeting by the crepes/tea hut just off the main car park see haldon freeride website for directions at 10am

are we going to have a plan or just decide which bits to ride when we get there? i dont know any of the 'non official' bits i just ride the red route when i'm up there...

i was just going over the karakoram getting it ready checking everything was done up properly and the front sti shifter has sheared off on my hand FFS :twisted: soooo.... gears and a front brake are going back on my trailstar as i speak (deore dx rear mech so abit retro) so i'll be on the trailstar this sunday :roll:

route

we normally start with the adventure trail (levelish) to warm up, then the red route until we get back to the road.(riders who want to pull out can at this point). we then cross the road go behind the little chef (top of haldon hill)then go on unclassified trails to the bottom of the woods(singletrack). we then climb up the fire road back to the car park (cup of tea).riders are asking do we stop for refreshments? the only place is the little chef (no bike security)or the crepes hut which we could decide on the day ?? see you there

Re: route

kirbdug":3b1b1xjd said:
we normally start with the adventure trail (levelish) to warm up, then the red route until we get back to the road.(riders who want to pull out can at this point). we then cross the road go behind the little chef (top of haldon hill)then go on unclassified trails to the bottom of the woods(singletrack). we then climb up the fire road back to the car park (cup of tea).riders are asking do we stop for refreshments? the only place is the little chef (no bike security)or the crepes hut which we could decide on the day ?? see you there

that sounds like a plan then...
adventure trail, red, unclassified..
ace :D :D

sounds great - should be able to make it on my 94 DBR Axis & possibly persuade Caro to bring her 93 Kilauea. She won't ride the red route though. Also the family trail is better than it sounds as a warm-up. I did a 2 1/4 hr ride this morning Dawlish - Exeter - Dawlish & am still cold.

Back