My very first Klein Att at 14 years old....

delboy009

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I first saw one of these when I was 13 years old, at Findon Village Cycle Shop, West Sussex !! God I miss that place !!! They were selling it for a local guy. I was riding at the time my Aluminium 'O' which seemed to be made of lead in comparison .... My God I had to have one !!

Picked this one up for £800 then second hand which was a serious amount of grovelling to my folks and All my saved money !! I wasnt dissapointed !! I loved riding it more than anything else before and since... Its to me the Only Klein ! There are other good ones but this is the real deal and its umistakeable !!

Unfortunately it got stolen from my back door whilst I was changing after a muddied up ride out over Amberly Mount, Arundel... The sods must have actually followed me home !! I did have it insured however and replaced it for the same eventually, after much hunting and a 250 mile journey North !! The 2nd one I made the absolute nuts...

Mint frame 17" Trick components everywhere !! Mavic derallieurs, Ringle Suppa Bubba Hubba 8 rear and front with Purple Sun rims and snowflake DT's. Moby post, kevlar smoke lite's, Drilled Dia Compe brakes, Titanium Everything !! Just the BB spindle alone cost £140 !! Madness .... In fact I think I still owed the shop some money for the Suppa Bubba I had on the strap !! That rear hub if I remember right was £360.00 !!!!!

Anyway..... Cant find pics of the second one as yet but at least I found this... Oh and a 1994 Klein catalogue and a 1995 if anyones interested ??

Happy New Year.... ;) ;)

Attachments

• att 2.jpg
    att 2.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 1,241
NICE!!!! :p

They keep popping up more and more lately.....
Very soon another one will join the club over here ;)

Fantastic shop Findon Village Cycles !! Got no idea why they ever moved to Brighton Marina where they lasted probably all of 6 months !!

Kim and his parents who owned it !! Always remember when I saw Kim (the son) on Blind Date ha ha ... Silly sod !! Bet he's married to her now ??

Going back to what Scant said, Everyhting is drilled, even the front mech and the brake levers which you cant see !! The aly pulleys I think already came drilled ?? I was so obsessed with weight saving I even removed all the padding from the saddle as you can see !!! My God... If I did that now :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ally 'O' I got when I was in High school... 13/14 years of age !! The first one that came out in the rough grey finish which used to suck up all the oil on the roads !!! :evil:

Back