Saracen Protrax SE with RockShox Judy XC

gcwebbyuk

Dirt Disciple
Posted this in the main chat but thought I would post here to :)

I have been posting on bike radar for some time now - didn't know this forum existed!

I used to ride a nice purple Saracen Protrax SE with Rock Shox Judy XC forks, that I later upgraded to speed springs Smile

Loved the bike and used it for several years until a change of career meant I didn't really have any time to ride.

I have since gotten back into mtbing, and have purchased a new bike, although my old Saracen is still in the garage Smile

IMG_0423.jpg

That saddle used to be a Flite Titanium, but I changed it to "the sofa" for my wife to use while I used my new bike - she has since got a new bike too :)

IMG_0420.jpg

Planet-X I-Beam stem, X-Lite XC Riser Bar, X-Lite stem cap(?).

IMG_0419.jpg

Rock Shox Judy XC with speed springs (in condoms to stop them rattling!)

IMG_0426.jpg

Replaced the standard wheels with these Mavic X517 Ceramic / XT Merlin Hand builds in 1999 (now in for sale section)

bike.jpg

My new baby :)

And I did have a pair of the turquoise Michellin Wildgripper XC tyres - looked great(?) with the purple paint work!

I think I will rename my old Saracen MBNA Credit card - as I spent loadsa money on it on my first ever credit card!

Anyone know what front mech this bike would need?

I have a spare 08 model (I know too new for this forum!) Deore LX 34.9mm clamp, bottom swing, dual pull.

That could possibly go on it.

Would it work - if not could I get adaptors to make it work?

Back