1988 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo

barry2017

Old School Grand Master
This is a few pictures of my new bike, fresh from a ride from mine to my dad's. Built it up with a few bits from my parts bin, and been for a couple of runs on it now. It goes ok, but I'm not used to it.
Future plans will involve some nice silver wheels, proper singlespeed bolts so I can get rid of that bashguard, and something other than that awful chain tensioner - I couldn't get it working right, it's only temporary.
stuffonthecamera042.jpg

stuffonthecamera043.jpg

stuffonthecamera044.jpg

If I really like the frame, I might have the dropouts replaced and run it as a proper singlespeed. But it's all in the future, after I get back from my trip.

the first mountain bike I lusted after. One (in the blue that was offered as well) parked next to me at school every day. Was quite jealous.

Nice.

Frame looks a minter. Keeping it s/s or going for the full resto, you know it deserves it ;)

The frame and parts from Dekerfintheshed are museum quality, and to do it justice it deserves to be redone to original, but then I'd be scared of using it.
On the other hand, the parts I've fitted are really ugly and spoil it. Particularly hate the chain tensioner.
I'm wondering if I should sell it and get something less nice.

And sadly, I've decided to sell it.
Dekerfintheshed's done such a good job of this it deserves to be built up and cherished by someone who will keep it all period.
It's not an overstatement to describe this as museum quality.
My original plan was to build it up as a sort of mongrel touring bike, but it'd be such a shame to start with a chassis like this. Part of the original plan was to make it look as ugly as possible so I could leave it on the roof of my boat, and on this that'd be a crime. I'd rather lose a bit of money and know that someone's doing the right thing by it.

Back