The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pic's

Sorry indeed guys here you go basically it's my friends and he's never ridden it since I helped him restore he bought back in 93 I think as a frame left in the shed! I know, still it's all good now parts are as follow

CB QR NOS
CB E Cranks
Yeti FOR steel type repowder coated
HED Rims TI Bladed spokes Ringle Hubs
CK HEADSET Devolution
Yeti Ringle Bars NOS
Ringle Post
XTR \ XT V Brakes
96 XT STI's

Attachments

• yeti.jpg
    yeti.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 1,361
Yeti FRO

PS I can get the Acutrax forks which he sold to a friend or if you want Pace RC's from about 94.

Now for the floval I think near four figures it's simply better than the OM's because he didn't use hutch bits and you just try to get NOS those pads it's a show but it will polish up nice, no silly offers otherwise I'll keep on the wall

REDLINE 401 Rechromed
HUTCH STEM
HUTCH SEAT CLAMP Donut type US made NOS
HUTCH TRAPS
KASHIMAX ARO NOS
SE ALLOY BARS NOS
PHIL WOOD HUBS 1st Gen Alloys NOS
ARAYA 7X NOS
COMP 4 NOS

Dare I say it's the best in the UK!

As I read on a american ebay listing "mom ain't paying" I think simply many men which chop a ball bag off it.

Attachments

• Floval_Side.jpg
    Floval_Side.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,355
Re: Pic's

lemusrey":3bwuz1qi said:
Sorry indeed guys here you go basically it's my friends and he's never ridden it since I helped him restore he bought back in 93 I think as a frame left in the shed! I know, still it's all good now parts are as follow

CB QR NOS
CB E Cranks
Yeti FOR steel type repowder coated
HED Rims TI Bladed spokes Ringle Hubs
CK HEADSET Devolution
Yeti Ringle Bars NOS
Ringle Post
XTR \ XT V Brakes
96 XT STI's
i assume all parts are in good to very good condition.
if you part it out it should be worth ~1000euros on ebay, possibly a bit more if the listings are properly done. the build itself is not too harmonious (fork, v-brakes on old frame...) so it doesn't add extra value. yeti fro prices from the past escape me right now but i how about ~300 euros (new paint, no decals). the wheelset is the most exciting bit >300euros? no concrete estimation for the fork (too new). lets say 150? rest ~250. adds up to 1100euros.

Re: Yeti FRO

lemusrey":2n7i1wo0 said:
PS I can get the Acutrax forks which he sold to a friend or if you want Pace RC's from about 94.
would be good. the fro looks horrible with that suspension fork...
btw. have no clue about bmx and their prices.

Decal

I've got the decals I believe the FRO was less than an ARC this is a Durango built Frank the welder frame as is the flo Frank welded the early SE's so I've read.

Thanks for the response

Re: Decal

lemusrey":3iow2amj said:
I believe the FRO was less than an ARC
:shock: NO!!
there was no downselling at yeti for quite some years. the FRO was their steel steed. the ARC their alloy boy. its as simple as that...

Circa 94/95 Saracen Protrax SE

So what sort of price is my old Saracen worth (I thought I bought it in 94, but it seems it could have been 95).

IMG_0423.jpg

It has full Deore V-brake LX 24 speed groupset - all working, although cables could do with a change.

Judy XC suspension forks with speed springs (for an 11stone rider), plus the old elastomers, but they look a bit sorry as they have been in a bag since I put the speed springs in.

IMG_0419.jpg

Has X-Lite XC Riser Bar with WTB clear grips, Planet-X I-Beam stem

IMG_0420.jpg

Bolts on the stem are rusting though :( but am sure its only surface rust.

IMG_0421.jpg

USE seat post.

Bike rides well - did have a slight issue with front mech/shifter when wife last rode it - but that I am sure is due to cables.

Has a Flite Titanium saddle of the 1999 era too which was on it before "the sofa" was put on for my wife to ride it until her new bike was delivered.

Pic also shows S&M flat pedals, but the bike has some Deore LX SPDs from the same era as well which seem to be in perfect condition too.

Are the parts on it worth taking off and selling seperately?

Also our garage has this Kona Hahanna with Jet C forks - can't remember what year we bought it - around 1999,2000ish

Handlebars are v.rusty, and I think the stem is too from memory.

Acera groupset also from memory.

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

How many peanuts or hob nobs is it worth?

hi gcwebbyuk,
i need to admit that i don't have a clue about saracens or konas. but in general low to midranged bikes from late 90ees don't have a collectors value (yet?).
its better to keep and ride them then to think about what they might be worth ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back