bugger, i just wrote my car off..

MAXTHEROTTI":1kwlfkxo said:
look at the bright side tho chap..........

at least you can now buy a car big enough for the bikes so it saves money on rear wheels :p :p :p
look at vauxhall omega estates they give them away

rob

haha this is true. every cloud has a silver lining eh!

I dis-assembled a clio in the time it took the mrs to drive from europcar to the airport exit.

Oh yes! Only some of the trim goes back on,as i found out! :roll:

Al.

how bad was the damage?

How bad was the damage to the alfa? Could you buy the salvage and repair it yourself? I had an Alfa 175 that had been in a shunt,I bought a complete non runner for £200 and swapped the necessary panels over, unfortunately I had another smack before I had a chance to get it painted which wrote it of properly! Oh that was I nice car,but not for long!

Re: how bad was the damage?

Grannygrinder":al7787ue said:
How bad was the damage to the alfa?

it wasnt that bad to be honest, i ripped off the right wing mirror and the front number plate. Most of the damage was fine scratches all down the right hand side which was caused by the thawns on the hedge i hit.

To be honest, ive paid my excess now and even if i could buy it back or whatever it wouldnt make economical sense.

sorry to hear about yours, i really hope i dont have to crash another car anytime soon!

My daewoo was written off after some chump rear ended me on the motorway -

I got £1200 from the insurance company for the car (I only paid £1100)...

bought it off the insurance company as scrap for £20...

ran it (legally) for another 6 months (couldn't open the boot but it was a hatchback so I didn't care)...

and then sold it for £350... :D

And got £1k courtesy of the "where's the blame there's a claim" people.

Result!

Back