bugger, i just wrote my car off..

richie-t

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
slapped the alfa into a ditch on boxing day. just had the call to say not economical to repair.

what the heck am i gonna buy now!

:(

p.s first crash in 8 years of motoring, gutted.

Well, if you claim on your insurance then you'll be stuffed for renewal :roll:

So, get a little cheap and cheerful jobbie.......because you did say the Alfa was thirsty :LOL:

protected my ncb, i think my excess is 325 and the car was worth about a grand. couldnt not claim really

yeh it was thirsty yet not particularly fast either

Hi,

Unlucky my friend!

At least it was your car you wrote off. Try the driving the wifes pride and joy 1963 beetle, then being smacked up the arse by some spotty kid in a french shopping trolley! :roll:

Bit of a sick feeling to think a car has survived for 45 years, then bang!
Punk kid! :evil:

My mrs learned the lesson well though? She now has a 67 volvo (daily)thats built like a house. Now if the boy had rear ended that thing,we wouldn't have noticed till we got home.

Cheer's,Al :D

I used to have an old Volvo 343, i think. Was smacked in the a$$ with a Post Office lorry (the one with a roller-shutter door in the back), hit across a zebra crossing just missing students, and it only had a smallish dent in the back.
The insurance wrote it off due to it's age, nothing else. 2 months later I saw it repaired, taxed and on the road in Cardiff. Stopped to do a double take and it was my old car :?

Yes, it'll take more than a lorry to kill a 343!

You could use a bomb next time! ;)

Cheer's, Al

ps, i do hope the students were ok? I bet that was the first time they had moved quickly in years! The lazy long haired layabouts! :D

nasty :(

i like my cars but due to the credit crunch and lack of job safety i'm just going to buy something cheap and shite.

it kills me

look at the bright side tho chap..........

at least you can now buy a car big enough for the bikes so it saves money on rear wheels :p :p :p
look at vauxhall omega estates they give them away

rob

al":11hgipky said:
Something French then?

Al. :D

lol

i had a citroen once, it was nippy but interior was dreadful. clio 172s are speedy but again, interior is woeful.

a friend has a focus ghia for sale, i might just have to go with that for now :(

Back