Optimal bike storage

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Or how to fit as many bikes tidiliy into a small a space as possible.

Got most of mine in the garage. all hung on the wall. Which was great until the collection expanded and they are now so densely racked it's almost impossible to get the middle one out :LOL:

How do you store yours? any tips? And no, not interested in piling them up in the shed....

My Dad and I were stood in my shed discussing this very problem last night! :LOL:

A possible solution we are going to attempt is fixing a piece of circular wood (like a broom handle) from one side to the other, fairly high up, and basically hang the bikes from it via the front (nose) of the saddle.

Got the bikes in the outside loo by creating a farme, the bikes stand vertically, held in place by bungees. Big flip 1 off chain passing through all three into ground anchors.

1 substitute alternate four letter F word here

Pickle":3uobrutd said:
My Dad and I were stood in my shed discussing this very problem last night! :LOL:

A possible solution we are going to attempt is fixing a piece of circular wood (like a broom handle) from one side to the other, fairly high up, and basically hang the bikes from it via the front (nose) of the saddle.

Ive done just this in my garage, except with a piece of steel tube. Ive hung hooks from the tube and hang each bike by the front wheel off the hook.
To save extra space, you can hang them front wheel then back wheel alternatley, this way you can squeeze more in since the handlebars dont clash. :)

Sadly i've no room for a shed but thinking about getting one of these and securing a locking post to the wall

Attachments

• 744_633403975106233750.jpg
    744_633403975106233750.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 733
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
i'm lucky with access to a double garage, one side has all the rafters showing which means nearly all bikes are hung up by the saddle so are pretty much out of the way, also because i've been constanly having frames painted recently there has always been a gap where one built bike should be, this was helpful till i bought the kona and the aluminium O and then the condor . . . bugger, no space again! :LOL:

it didn't help when i picked up the motorbike the other day aswel!! :LOL:

Mine hang from the rafters in the garage by the nose of the saddle,all 10 of em,they kinda look like bats.

Back