Getting Broadband

Average Mark

Retrobike Rider
just to pick the combined brain power. I'm after a phone line install and a broadband provide, i know it's going to cost £125 to install the new line with BT but then i'm tied to a 12 month contract. Is there anyone else that can install for me so i can switch to a talk talk package? failing that what providers can i use if i get stuck eith the BT 12m contract as there broadband seems somewhat lacking.

Did there used to be a BT line in the property? If so they should be able to just reconnect you. BT are responsible for the cable from the pole to the house's master socket which is ususally a small box just inside the door, you will then normally have a cable from there to a phone socket somewhere in the house.

They might just need to connect the line up again and you can get a sparky to connect from the master socket to where you want the phone to be.

Not sure I can answer your question....but I would question your choice of provider....Talk Talk....are they not riddled with complaints from customers?

ive been with them since they offered the free broadband a few years back,absolutely no complaints from me at all,top company :)

stew-b":1efh6i03 said:
ive been with them since they offered the free broadband a few years back,absolutely no complaints from me at all,top company :)

Ditto.

I needed to get my line "reconnected" read "robbing bastards" and TalkTalk covered the costs - £70 IIRC. That was back in Feb this year.

I get very quick connection speed for downloading and uploading. As I write this I'm getting a 7meg download speed.

When you look at the package (I pay less than £16 inc line rental and calls) I think its very good value for money.

M

I think i'm going to go with Sky for both Phone and Broadband, they say they can connect us up?

It's a new flat with BT sockets, but they've never been connected (obviously) . Sky say they'll connect for free.

You can get fairly quick internet through a mobile for buttons now. 3 do payg broadband for £10 month. No need for a contract at all!

Tallpaul":1q61qeda said:
I think i'm going to go with Sky for both Phone and Broadband, they say they can connect us up?

It's a new flat with BT sockets, but they've never been connected (obviously) . Sky say they'll connect for free.

Be careful with Sky! The modem that they supply is locked to their broadband network. You have to use it. I've just tried upgrading my home network to gigabit and had a hell of a job. It was only when I asked Sky why no other modem worked that they told me. :evil: Needless to say I'm not with Sky any more. Also something to note all their prices are going up come new year.

Back