Scunthorpe Area Ride - Sunday 22 February

MJN":3dz61frw said:
You can still ride in the mines although its strictly speaking off limits,the motorcross track is always good for a laugh,theres also some stuff up in the woods(if its still there)then cut across Risby warren and out to Broughten woods where theres some fun singletrack.This can all be linked up with Akies,Flixborough woods and Burton hills to give you a decent loop with enough options to shorten as you want.

So this will be the ride you were talking about on Saturday Marcus :)

I'll probably be up for it, would be a bit rude not to ;)

We used to have a good 3hr loop from Messingham which took in all the best spots in the area, all connected by a bit of road.

You could possibly go from Broughton woods across to Twigmor, then further toward Kirton into the old mines there? Theres some cracking singletrack in there, although if its wet its awful tbh. Then back up past our house via Morton and Blackwalk Nook, down through the sand quarry to Bluebell woods and along Ridgewalk maybe?

How was yesterday mate, sorry i couldnt make it, bloody toe!

Could we utilise any of Burton Hills do you think, then we can have a stop off at mine?

was good,the wife was a bit slow but trails are not too boggy..as long as we dont get any really bad rain it should be pretty good :D

a stop at your could be good,ill need a la\rge bag for purchasing fiesta bits tho lol

HAHAH!

No probs matey.

Ill try and get out on new years day (only next day off till the w/end!)

and see what some local to me stuff is like.

Went for a walk round Ackies today and im impressed!

Ive got a bit of a route from my house if we want to meet up there?

Back