Retrobike bitch slapped from VRC

Re: re:

captain8track":2zguc0y5 said:
let them ride with risers, 8inches of travel and barends. They probarly to fat to ride them anyways so...

:shock: :shock: Time to put the handbags down and let this puppy lie me thinks :roll: :roll:

I didn't pick that bike because of its lineage. I picked it because its got plastic pedals and that awful saddle.
All kidding aside, please educate me...is that really how this bike came originally?

John's Overbury is a great looking bike. Class all the way. That bike I get.

dbmtb":gbr7wq72 said:
Some of the candidates for BOTM this month are more unusual than we usually see.

I am also convinced that in most cases - their respective owners are well aware that the boundaries of good taste are being overtrodden.

I am also convinced that the link to our thread was not meant in any other way than jest.

Indeed. Totally in jest.

And ya, there have been some really solid months. Though I'm still not sure how that purple everything GT with the Spinergys beat out Kai's Tinker replica Klein...

Disco Drive":1b8dlmoq said:
I thought putting a smilie after a controversial post shows that you don't really mean it.... hmpphh, that was one of best gags too.

I thought it was funny. :LOL:

Re: Winkers

mrkawasaki":2bcp8yj3 said:
rumpfy":2bcp8yj3 said:
You can't honestly say that a bike like this isn't a little bit lame.
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/files/ ... 02_629.jpg

>>>> In picking that bike in particular reveals a level of ignorance about something with a real and global historical offroad significance (ask CK...), but also an apparent inability to learn something new if it is not built in your back yard. About the equivalent of a Retrobiker taking the p*ss out of a newly discovered 'ham... Shame on you! :oops:

Call me an asshole or whatever you want. If you actually met and rode with me, I'm not this horrible person you seem to think I am.

>>>> I though I tried that last year but you went AWOL...? ;-)

That was a silly thread with utterly predictable fascist-tendency results - but ex Mods would have seen that coming a mile off.... ;-)

Mr K

Yeah, I didn't start the thread, but its my job to be a smartass in it. :)

I'm bummed we weren't able to meet up while you were here. My fault. I missed Carsten on his visit to the Bay Area as well. At this point, I'm afraid of being stoned! :p

rumpfy":2ppudrtz said:
And ya, there have been some really solid months. Though I'm still not sure how that purple everything GT with the Spinergys beat out Kai's Tinker replica Klein...

It's like strictly come dancing, sometimes the voting system is overloaded and the worst one wins.

rumpfy":mtpu7whm said:
Indeed. Totally in jest.

It's because (to borrow an analogy from the classic car world) BOTM isn't a 100-point concourse event. There seems to be a strong element of 'Outlaw' here at Retrobike. Which is what most here seem to love, myself included. I for one didn't like really like the Tinker rep (not that I didn't respect the tremendous effort that went into its creation, or the quality of the end result - I just didn't like it!) - nor, for that matter, said GT. But that underlines the nature of BOTM - we all have differing ideas about what constitutes a desirable retro machine. There certainly isn't a formula for success. ;)

Rumphy I saw the joke and it was clear you were having a laugh. We need laughs to get us over that broken frame or bent part, don't stop.

Disco Drive":3s3ft70m said:
What's the difference between an American and a yoghurt?

The Yoghurt has been cultured :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I've lived in Portsmouth :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;) They don't even have cultured yogurt.
Or dictionary's for that matter :LOL:

------------------------------------
Ok they used the word 'Goofy' ,i don't think there was malice behind it,i think he used it to describe the unusualness :D

Back