my motorbike is built and finished!

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
finally got my motorbike finished!!! just needs the MOT now!!!

had the first quick ride back from the guy who was doing some of the electrics today, the first time it has seen tarmac in 11 years. it rode spot on, i'm really chuffed :D :D

facebook photo link
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... =612249761
that's the link for the entire (ish) build, here's the finished bike

it's a K plate so that makes it retro by my reckoning!! :D

Attachments

• the DR 001resize.jpg
    the DR 001resize.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 768
  • the DR 002resize.jpg
    the DR 002resize.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 768
  • the DR 003resize.jpg
    the DR 003resize.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 768
Nice..................i have a Fazer 600(road bike) at present but have had a few big singles...............good fun !

cheers guys, it was stripped down over 10 years ago by a mate so the chassis could be painted, the idea being he was gonna go keyless ignition, no clocks and enduro style but he's a bit of a knobber and made a mess of it! no holes were plugged when the frame was being shotblasted or painted so that was a nightmare to deal with, he only ever got as far as putting the headset and fork crows in. my old boss bought it for me as a present and it has taken 3 1/2 years to get it to this state!

the only things left to do are wire in the last of the indicators, a new air filter, a new battery (again! the build took so long this one died) and regular oil changes every 100 miles till we are sure every bit of crap from the shotblasting is out of the oil tank!! we washed it out alot and have double filtered it but still paranoid about shit getting in the engine!

but it sounds lovely, it was a DR350 but it has the 390 bore kit so it's a propper thumper! and the sports can sounds great! :D

i've been making crazy frog style motorbike noises to myself since i got off it! :LOL:

jonnyboy666":32les6yj said:
the only things left to do are wire in the last of the indicators, a new air filter, a new battery (again! the build took so long this one died)

Indicators ? On a dirt bike ? :eek:

Don't bother with them - or a battery for that matter. Just more things to get broken off (indicators) and add weight (battery) :roll: .

wanted to make it properly road legal, indicators won't stop me taking it in the mud occasionally! :D

just nipping over crescent suzuki in a minute to get some bits for it and to sniff at some shiney bikes!! :D

Back