Team Raleigh Dyna-Tech ex Adrian Timmis. Finished Project.

Ada is looking forward to riding the bike, even has an old Raleigh jersey he is going to wear - lucky he can still fit his racing gear!! :cry:

That looks great. It was a good move leaving the paint original, gives it character.
Hope you have a good day and Adrian enjoys the bike, you have put a lot of effort into this and it shows. Well done. :xmas-cool:

well it was a great day and Adrian did turn up in the old jersey and ride the Dyna-Tech. I asked him when he lastrode it - 1992 was the answer :shock: That must be strange after 16 years :D

Really enjoyed today, all that hard work paid off. Adrian was instantly recognisable back on his old Raleigh.

2008_122810011.jpg

Hey, that is awesome, massive attention to detail. this is a real benchmark for us all to aim at. waxing worked fantastic, polishing, awesome, parts finding outstanding! 10/10 mate

Inspiring: find tired old race bike on ebay, put money where mouth is, lavish it with TLC and money and effort, and set up a star appearance, and make that star happy.

Wow amazing, really amazing

:cool:

Can't wait to rebuild my Raleigh now. and the Fox is due a bit more attention after seeing that!
thanks for the mention BTW :)

Hi Senna,

Wow, that is such a fantastic finished project - I have really enjoyed reading and looking at the pics of all the details you have included... I love the way you have paid such fine attention to the smallest details.

I would have liked to meet you at Cannock Chase but I was only able to be there right at the start to say 'hello' due to family arrangements that I could not avoid. Sorry I missed you.

I hope it did not pick up any new 'battle scars' on the chase. [I bet you had to re polish thoses crank arms eh?]

My Dyna Tech is now finished and I will post the pics ASAP. [when I figure out how to do it!]

I noticed some questions about weight on another thread about your bike..., as a comparison, mine is the old style 'mono stay' in cromo [2070] and the bare frame weighed 5lbs 3oz :shock: Chromed Tange 'big fork' wighed in at 2lbs 2oz.

The whole bike fully built is now 25lbs 10oz [I did use 460g z max Evo WCS and 80g Bonty XXX inner tubes though ;) ]

I bet your bike will be 23lbs - let us know.

All the best,

Chaser

chaser":wvvqqe9d said:
My Dyna Tech is now finished and I will post the pics ASAP. [when I figure out how to do it!]

I bet your bike will be 23lbs - let us know.

Chaser, looking forward to seeing your dyna-tech, should be something up on FAQ to help you with the photo's.

I'm not sure about the weight but think your in the right region, tbh i'm too busy enjoying it to weigh it, but will make the effort at some point.

Rode the bike properly for the first time yesterday since it's restoration. Loved it, what a bike. Even got my Raleigh kit on and looked rather dayglow at the Dalby retrobike meet. Gears and brakes were just perfect but after many hours in the saddle off-road, my arms were like jelly with the rigid forks, to such an extent I got to the point of being unable to make a grab for the brakes!

Thanks once again to all of you who have helped with the project and your kind words.

:LOL: Yes! I know what you mean about your arms..., Me too..., It really takes some time to undo all the 'suspension fork, brain to arms' programing from the last decade and a half eh?

Signing off for cosmic dreams....

Chaser.

Hi Sinnett,

Im so pleased that all worked out well with the project and actually getting the bike in this amazing state to Adrian to ride - "Amazing" and so well done.

I know where my vote will be going this month ;) Wouldnt that be the the icing on the cake :cool:

Cheers

Latest posts

Back