Cinelli sentiero (Updated Photo P2)

Flossie

Dirt Disciple
Hi folks, this is my maiden post on the forum.

In my next post are some photos of my retro bike. (I cant post URL links on a first post) I picked it up afew months ago for £20 with the intention of using it as an old hack for nipping down to the shops on.
However, It rides like a dream and I'm considering tarting it up as a bit of a winter project.

Frame Cinelli Sentiero columbus Cromor OR
Mostly XTR with some XT I presume its MK1 XTR Can you confirm this?

Have you any Idea how old the bike is?

Thanks in advance

Floss

photos017.jpg

photos020.jpg

photos019.jpg

Hello and welcome, that has to be the Bargain of the century :cool:, I havnt seen a Cinelli for a very long time. Its is XTR M900 by the looks of the rear mech which is the 1st generation.

I bet thats a nice ride, what size frame is it ? at a guess 18" or 19"

Thanks for the pics and look forward to seeing it revamped.

Cheers

nice ride floss! yes, cranks, brakes and rear derailleur are M900 i.e. first generation XTR. you should change the derailleur pulleys though. they look done...

The frame is a 19" c to t

There are several things which could do with replacing. I just cant get my head round paying more for a set of cables than I paid for the bike in the first place!!

Weird.. the Sentiero didn't come with xtr gruppo, being it mounted with a 500 lx or deore lx - can't remember groupset. This one must have been custom assembled

Inigo Montoya":y031l3lk said:
nice ride floss! yes, cranks, brakes and rear derailleur are M900 i.e. first generation XTR. you should change the derailleur pulleys though. they look done...

:shock:

Surely someone has filed them to a point. ?

my cinelli

oo, i was interested to see you bike - i've got a cinelli too, my colours a bit madder and i didn't get so lucky with the groupset - it's got exage mountain on it i think. Love the colour though.

Attachments

• cinelli.jpg
    cinelli.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 4,222
How sort after are the components on this bike?

Are they highly sort after and quite valuable or can you buy new replacements from a LBS ordered from the Shimano distributor?

Back