Klein .... am I missing something?

MBA said in 1990 that the attitude was love or hate, no where in between due to the super stiff ride & I'd agree with that after riding kleins for several years. the high pricing IS due to the reasons already mentioned above, they had some reliability & cracking issues, which is why finding good or NOS conditions is getting harder. some of the unique klein features may prove a PITA to work on, but thats what seperates them from bikes like cannondale. so combine the added features & harder to find in good condition (less made too) & thats why the price tag is always higher.
classic supply & demand, marketing & a little extra quality costing a lot more ££ I guess.
for me its classic retro, v.hard to find spares for, reliability issues... but more than made up for by supercool looks & paint :cool:

You don't have to worry about these bikes.

KleinTimeline.jpg

Klein

Hi all
Never owned or ridden a klein, just not had the oppertunity but as Kaiser said before if I did have the money I would probably buy a couple of other things. They do look cool but a bit out my league, but each to their own and if you can afford it and thats what floats your boat then go for it.
I have always assumed that the attitude would be like riding my M4 S works in that its a great race bike, stiff, light but if I want to be on the trails all day with a bit of comfort then I would take the Stumpy. (awaits abuse for comparison) :roll: Its a race bike not a trail bike?
Each to their own and enjoy.
Wold Ranger I may be wrong but I am sensing you have a dislike for the Kleins? Dont beat about the bush, just come out with it ;)

Hope you all had a good Christmas.
Jamie

Re: Klein

Jamiedyer":2jmdezcl said:
Hi all

Wold Ranger I may be wrong but I am sensing you have a dislike for the Kleins? Dont beat about the bush, just come out with it ;)

Hope you all had a good Christmas.
Jamie

Never :D You don't say :twisted: Anyone would be after my bitter experiences!
They changed for changes sake, Backwards facing drop outs? Press fit BB's that were really tricky to get in and out and set up to run true, awkward sized headtubes, paint that looked a million dollars but fell off at the sight of British Mud and Grit Oh did I say they cracked easily?
Their one redeeming feature was that the downtubes were so fat, you didn't have to buy a crud catcher :D

You could've bought a Merlin/Fat/Pace for the price(maybe even less than) of an Attitude, with a lifetime no quibble warranty, so why buy a Klein?

Pace don't have a lifetime warranty(and fames break even more regularly than a Klein and whats the use of a lifetime warranty on a Fat(which I also own an example of)?

It's a very clever photo, no doubt about that. But I think I'll leave it to a harder man than me to ride the bike.

Back