away from the kids
away from the noise
away from the telly
away from the tin of Quality Street
freezing
windy
muddy
PERFECT :D
Local woods apparently haunted by Sherlock Holmes....look closely and you might see him :LOL:
got very muddy after this piccy....funny as... trying to ride down gentle slopes with nothing but loops of mud for tyres
DSC00131.jpg

Boxing day bliss, 3 hours of watching / listening Rush - Snakes & Arrows Live DVD with the 5.1 surround cranked up

As my wife was decidedly under the weather this morning (nothing drink related, she's been soldiering on with a stinking cold for 3 or 4 days now, poor thing) I decided to go out for a couple of hours on that singlespeed "Blue Thing" of mine.

However, once I'd dragged myself up to 1.400 ft I decided that it wasn't such a good idea, as the wind made it a real pain in the ass to try and hold a line on moorland singletrack and I kept getting blown into deep water filled ruts - plus I was finding it bloody hard work. Actually I'd have found it hard work with gears into that wind, let alone on the SS, I'm just too f*cking old... :cry:

So I dived down into some forestry (where it was at least sheltered) and test rode some new singletrack that I'd cleared the week before - it'll ride well with a bit more preparation and more use, it just needs to bed down a bit.
So, after a bad start, not a bad ride really - and then home for some Boxing Day nosh ( thanks to the light of my life :) ) and some good wine too.

Bottle of White Grenache & roast diner :D :? :cool: I am not resposible for any post I may put on tonight ;)

45mins in the shed on the TT is all I could muster today.

Counting the hours to Sunday at Cannock :LOL:

Harryburgundy":20df5pmg said:
Quick hour and half blast around my local loop
away from the kids
away from the noise
away from the telly
away from the tin of Quality Street
freezing
windy
muddy
PERFECT :D
Local woods apparently haunted by Sherlock Holmes....look closely and you might see him :LOL:
got very muddy after this piccy....funny as... trying to ride down gentle slopes with nothing but loops of mud for tyres
DSC00131.jpg

A lonely and muddy singlespeed ride on a Kona : what else ...

Back