Scunthorpe Area Ride - Sunday 22 February

Hey Longun we should take Chewedpencil out riding,if he hasn't ridden Akies imagine what else he's missing! Should open up the possibilities :D

sounds like a plan to me :D ,i got lost last year trying to find some of the old routes but found a couple of new ones

pickle,got a few pics but unfortunatly on the pc,which is currently getting sorted after microsoft virus thing so im on the doris's laptop with no pics on yet.

when dya rek for a pre scunny ride?dont think i can make dalby on the 3rd as weve gotta go to normamby hall to sort wedding stuff out so a pre ride with the locals would be cool one morning/afternoon. :D

Yeah,Monday morning would be best for me,Sundays a hard day on the road bike :(

See if you can get out with Longun on Sunday,the idea of a ride was more for your benefit,I know everything round here(god that sounds big headed,its not meant to be :oops: ).

not big headed bud,just wise ;)

ill ride either,text us if you wanna ride sunday steve and ill show ya my old haunts :D i;; see if i can get a few more

Sunday sounds mint!

Ill drop you a text matey, and see what time you are going out and where to meet etc.

I used to go down Bagmoor lane to the mines when we were at school, but i dont know if its as accessable now?

We also used to go across Alkborough top to Julians Bower, we usually walk that at the mo, its fast but i think maybe boring on a bike?

You can still ride in the mines although its strictly speaking off limits,the motorcross track is always good for a laugh,theres also some stuff up in the woods(if its still there)then cut across Risby warren and out to Broughten woods where theres some fun singletrack.This can all be linked up with Akies,Flixborough woods and Burton hills to give you a decent loop with enough options to shorten as you want.

Back