Retrobike bitch slapped from VRC

Had a good read of that thread now and must say it isn't good (that thread and the site for that matter). Too much bike snobbery and canned laughter on there for my taste, I much prefer retrobike with all it's variety and decent people.

Looks like pure jealously to me on that thread. These guys must wish they had a site like retrobike in the US. Instead they are an outcast sideshow hidden at the back of mtbr, frightened of the modern boys laughing at the bikes they love as dearly as we do. Annoyed they must feel, when they type in a bikes' name to google, and www.retrobike.co.uk is top of the page standing proud. That desperate low they must then suffer, as they discover their project has already been done on here :cry:

I guess retrobike just do it better, like the US Armed Forces are told:

"Don't drink, gamble or fight with the Brits'

You will lose!" ;)
Now is the time to add 'build bicycles' Sir!

clockworkgazz":3u6mgjat said:
Well they do say that there is only one thing worse than people talking about you........

People stabbing you in the back? :LOL:

Can't see too much bitch-slapping, most of those awful bikes on that thread belong to VRC members or are random american sidewalk shots.

I know Eric posted this:

I found a ton of goofy looking bikes in one place!

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46873

but of all the guys on VRC he's the one who best understands what we get up to 'over here' and who best get's the retrobike esoteric and eclectic builds (he's a good poster on here as well and does add in some valuable input) and I'm fine with him taking the piss, in much the same way as I'd be happy to take the piss of the fact that they treat some bikes as holy relics (partly because to an american a 30 year old bike is an antique, seeing as their country was only build a couple of decades ago! ;) ). Just look at the way they hero- worship a couple of frame builders who are about on par with the most average european builder (have you seen the price and the waiting list of a sachs, a potts or a vanilla etc!). They can take the piss of our love of CNC chi chi, but we can do the same for their love of euro style fillet brazing or lug work

As has been said before it the two sides of the same coin, if we were all doing the same thing then there wouldn't have been a need for this site, we could have all just gone to VRC!

Vive la difference and all that!

'My name is insert name I had issues admitting to my love for old bikes but now I have come to accept I cannot change what I am, what I love and am proud of my inclination. You to can unleash your supressed love and drop the pretence of your love for modern cool rides.'

Group hug

Next session Sunday AM, entitled 'Skills to overcome riding in bright Lycra on old bikes' Retro Pride

retrojon":dkmefh7p said:
I can't see what the fuss is about.

I can't either really - at least the MTBR Singlespeed forum seems to be populated by decent enough people. Plus a lot of them seem to be into riding that requires lower gearing than 60" and aren't afraid to admit to running stuff like 32:18 or 32:20.
When I see the gearing on some of the singlespeeds on here it gives me a real inferiority complex, I can tell you :LOL: .

Andy R":1fck02mt said:
retrojon":1fck02mt said:
I can't see what the fuss is about.

I can't either really - at least the MTBR Singlespeed forum seems to be populated by decent enough people. Plus a lot of them seem to be into riding that requires lower gearing than 60" and aren't afraid to admit to running stuff like 32:18 or 32:20.
When I see the gearing on some of the singlespeeds on here it gives me a real inferiority complex, I can tell you :LOL: .

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

As an American member of this forum I must say that Rumpfy is kind of an outspoken asshole and he enjoys stirring the pot-so don't let him get to you, we aren't all like that! Pat

Back