Retrobike bitch slapped from VRC

Well, you have to understand that not everybody appreciates what is a idiosyncratic pass time.

If it isnt ultra new then its uncool.

I'm uncool.... :LOL:

I registered on MTBR quite some time ago as I thought that it would be really interesting to read what the VRC guys were doing and learn about a different perspective. However I've never dared risk posting and almost never visit as the culture/ethos just isn't me. I'm probably missing out on something.

But I must say that I'm saddened that most of those giving us grief on the thread are members here, some with post numbers in the thousands. Why post here if we are heathens? To 'educate' us? To have your ego massaged? Even sadder is that behind the trash talk they probably have something to offer but, for me at least, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to take some people seriously.

I think it's probably counterproductive to get into a VRC v Retrobike debate, different forums dealing with different client base and different interests, would probably better to just ignore threads on other forums that refer to use in dsiparaging terms (despite how tempting it is to respond, no sense in fuelling the fire) and just get on with building and riding bikes that we enjoy.

Looking forward to riding with so many at Cannock (and Hell of the North Cotswolds, Mountain Mayhem, Hit the North, Dusk Til Dawn, Bristol Bikefest, Real Ale Wobble, Peaks Meet among others).

Riding on into 2009

Ed

ededwards":10c1mymy said:
I must say that I'm saddened that most of those giving us grief on the thread are members here, some with post numbers in the thousands. Why post here if we are heathens? To 'educate' us? To have your ego massaged? Even sadder is that behind the trash talk they probably have something to offer but, for me at least, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to take some people seriously.

Could not agree more.

Back