Restyled Yeti

Supra really likes it. You got the classis Yeti colors. Something about yellow makes it look like a race bike. Supra would not mind seeing more yellow in the frame, like the ARC, but there really are no complaints. Great job!

Perhaps some yellow Judy SL's too perhaps? Swap the bottle cage for a blue/turquoise Ringle H20 if you can find one, failing that a silver one to match the headset. Blue/Turq hubs laced to yellow stickered up HED rims. Get some silver XT clipless pedals maybe?

Well... pedals are there just casually. I have some black xt that would suit better. I've just found a yellow control tech stem which could do. I'll get it asap. For some reason, I really like the cage: it's a '91 Specialized mountaincage... dunno, I got it NOS and want to use it.
I've also found a judy SL but it doesn't work: I'll try fitting elastomers and live without the cartridge...

novekili":d4wetht9 said:
I've also found a judy SL but it doesn't work: I'll try fitting elastomers and live without the cartridge...

Why not give Tim Flooks a ring for some help with the forks?

I don't know much about these Yeti bikes, but it looks like a later Pro FRO to me (seat stay to BB, pop-rivet guides, welded collar). Looks like a cool rat rod though.

hairstream":2ad8ce5r said:
I don't know much about these Yeti bikes, but it looks like a later Pro FRO to me (seat stay to BB, pop-rivet guides, welded collar). Looks like a cool rat rod though.
no, its a kokopelli. these were europe only. in contrast to the pro fros they had no bend seat/chainstays. have a look at the seattube. it has the kokopelli decal on there.

I didn't catch that. Gee, a place where I can say something stupid, be corrected, learn something new about vintage mountain bikes, and not get reamed for my efforts. That doesn't happen on just any forum. ;) Thanks mate.

I do like the bike, though. I like the idea of putting together a nicely thrashed "name brand" bike with some old components and just riding it. Makes a good grocery getter/pub bike. Like that whole "Rat Rod" craze that was going on.

Again, much appreciate the information. Happy Holidays. :)

Back