Cannock Big RB Meet! Sunday 28th Dec ** Final Info Update**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guys and girls just got back from the FTD and its ever so muddy,i did find a few dry spots and its nice and dry in the woods which covers about half the distance but loads of mud and puddles :),now gotta go find some new rear blocks for next weeks fun.

SteveP":2ecat88z said:
... We can have a single speed hikers group at the back on the steep stuff chomping on pork pies (supplied by Ed) whist taking in a strole in the woods .

Sounds perfect

Count me in for this ride too :D , is there still an early doors ride / pre-pre ride faff before the main meet up?

monsterfatuk":z750z68p said:
Well guys and girls just got back from the FTD and its ever so muddy,i did find a few dry spots and its nice and dry in the woods which covers about half the distance but loads of mud and puddles :),now gotta go find some new rear blocks for next weeks fun.

The weather forecast is dry up to Sunday so perhaps some of this might drain off and dry out? Regular Cannock 'users' might know?

I went out yesterday on the SS and found it not to bad an experience using 36 x 18. Steady climbs are OK but I couldn't handle ones with sharp gradient changes and with 'gnarly' bits in them which with gears you would change down and pedal over. Saying that, it's nice occasionally when concentrating on a tricky bit not to have to worry about gearing. And a lot easier to clean the bike after!

I'm going to ride without SPD's or toeclips using my old Axo boots - so getting off for a nice walk won't be a problem!

Taking plenty of clean dry clothes to change into afterwards.

Merry Christmas everyone!

I'm going to try and make this ride and make it a hat-ric of rides (retrobike meets and in total). I reckon I'll be on the rebuilt '88 Kili Flier.

If all goes to plan i'll be there.Not on the Bonty any more but will be on the De-Kerf.Its a bit neo retro so i'll hope it will fit in! My mate will still be on his Salsa Ala Carte.
Thanx Max

Right!

Almost there!

Chase will be fine. Mud wont be a problem. Will be a great ride.

There is still an early doors ride for those that want. Main ride will be slower and more sociable. Too much Turkey and Port for me I'm afraid..

See you all there!!!

Andy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back