base layers

MMMMMMMM nice. I bet the staff wear those in the store because they dont turn the heating on to keep the costs down for the customers!!!!

IMO Aldi stuff can vary a bit. All of the workshop tools I've bought (small compressor for example) have been excellent; good value, good spec.

I've got some of the Crane Bike clothing and the long trousers are superb (went out for a wee hurly earlier on in them). The bib shorts however are awful - stitching is poor, cut is very strange (either than or I'm a strange shape) and worst of all the seat pad is half way up my back - barely touches the saddle when riding.

At 14.99 compared to 30 quid upwards, I reckon these are worth a try. May not last as long as in Icebreaker but it is a third of the price.

i got the last base layer lidl did, not a merino one tho.

to be fair, i paid 9.99 and its been pretty decent, altho i have nothing to compare it to. doesnt smell tho

kaiser":1mlkc04l said:
Reckon I try them, merino convert here :cool:

Also a merino convert. Being a postman, it's great for work as well as biking, and it doesn't reek like synthetic base layers. I reckon they're worth a shot at that price. I paid a fortune for some Bouré clothing, but man they are nice!

Kona Paul":lfvszcsi said:
kaiser":lfvszcsi said:

Also a merino convert. Being a postman, it's great for work as well as biking, and it doesn't reek like synthetic base layers. I reckon they're worth a shot at that price. I paid a fortune for some Bouré clothing, but man they are nice!

KP have a look at lewiskit socks, merino based and absolutley wonderful, never have I waxed more lyrical about a pair of socks :D

Synthetics aren't as bad nowadays for ponging although still not as smell retardent as merino wool they dry alot faster!

kaiser":iigfhm1i said:
Kona Paul":iigfhm1i said:
kaiser":iigfhm1i said:

KP have a look at lewiskit socks, merino based and absolutley wonderful, never have I waxed more lyrical about a pair of socks :D
Shall do! Thanks Kaiser. You can never have enough socks in my opinion.

Back