Mayhem 09

Re: .

mrkawasaki":29627nnu said:
PM me your address and I'll mail you your just rewards! As I remember, Max had the worst of it as far as we were all concerned - 3+ hours from midnight onwards - never stopped raining mud either...

Mr K

Cheers, will do.

It was watching the wind pick up a 15'x15' gazebo and drop it on the course, narrowly missing some riders, that made me think that maybe conditions were against us.

Max did indeed perform heroically.

Need a spanner man?

If the 'Veterans' - old farts need a spanner man /tea boy(?) / sub rider,count me in! Full of enthusiasm,but shocking level of fitness.

cchris2lou":10nk8ak1 said:
I was out at same time as Max , and it was horrible . :evil:

Did nothing for my enthusiasm when I took the batton off your mud caked bike and faced my 6am lap............ :roll:

Don't like to talk about it....

I went out after a bedraggled Max at 3am - lights packed up after an hour and I returned with a front puncture (picked up at the top of the Kenda climb - just before the only rideable part of the course) around 6.30am - fortunately the day breaking saved my morale, otherwise I'd have just huddled down into a little ball and cried myself to sleep in a mud pool... happy days! :cry:

JV was up next for the croissants and coffee lap and flew round the fast drying course, adding insult to injury when remarking that he didn't see what all the fuss was about...

Mr K

PS. No mention of the Somme so far....
:roll: ;)

mm09

i am defo up for this again ,any body up for retrobike team norfolk n good unless there is any spaces left for me on any of the other teams .heathy i still have the fence stakes you gave me last year will put points on them for this year will also get a few hundred metres of rope to use around the camp instead of that noisey tape

heathy":1zpnxx03 said:
So it looks like Heathys flying 4's :D
Kev,Jango,Birdman,and me. That's 1 team complete.

Heathys flying 4s :? You were flying through the air alright :LOL:

Okay leave booked, wifeport stamped and looking forwar dto this.

Advice to 1st timers - book Monday afterwards off work!

Re: Don't like to talk about it....

mrkawasaki":2l4v75kw said:
I went out after a bedraggled Max at 3am - lights packed up after an hour

Thank you for lending me your lights for the lap before Max's, the one just as it started to rain.

Sorry about that, if I had been faster your lights may have got you round, I have my own for this year.

ok..
in training for MM 09

Think I am gonna enter the Brissol bikefest

Solo

SS

12 hrs

Not sure why, but seems like a good idea at the mo

:)

heathy":2ilfz4dw said:
book Monday afterwards off work!

Wots that then?

I have difficulty even saying the word :?

But I do suffer from advancing years :cry:

However, I can go out on my bike every day if I want :D

So long as I'm not sent shopping, gardening, decorating etc. :(

Back