AMBROSIO model Volte Campione Del Mondo handlebars

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Looking for some 26.4 bars spied these on the bay > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-AMBROSIO- ... 240%3A1318

Any idea on the vintage and quality? Guess the lack of groves is going to put them 80s ish. looking for some bars to go on a late 80s / early 90s steel frame. Would these be out of place?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
sorry to the ebayer, but dont buy em. My mate had some in the mid/late 80's when they were current and they bent downwards, just after the bulge, on the thin side. no crashes etc and didnt break, just bent. We ended up bending them back quite esily with out even removing them from the bike. Think they ended up as turbotrainer fodder.

I bought a pair for a very similar project late last year from the same seller at 3.99 bin :?: Take a look at the pic. They bent downwards so i bent them back by hand :shock: , almost look like midge bars now! Way to soft or thin or both! Avoid is my advice
000_0434.jpg

JV, think I have a pair of these plus a few pairs of Cinellis, will bring to Cannock if you like

Ed,

if you have any tidy 26.4 cinellis that'd be grand.

Will give those ambrosias a miss!

Have a set of shabby 26.4 eubios which would do but am a bit precious about bars, like em to be NOS or at least vgc.

John":2nxvj8fb said:
Ed,

Have a set of shabby 26.4 eubios which would do but am a bit precious about bars, like em to be NOS or at least vgc.

Mine are pretty good but not NOS, must collect them from the LBS tomorrow

ededwards":19cz8ohq said:
John":19cz8ohq said:
Ed,

Mine are pretty good but not NOS, must collect them from the LBS tomorrow

:xmas-cool: cheers Ed

Got them, 66-42 and in tidy nick bar the usual tape residue and marks from fitting brake levers - they're Cannock bound!

I've got The Ambrosios on my Dave Russell. they seem OK at present but I'll keep a look out for any movement.

If you've got a pair of Cinelli 65 - 42 I could be interested Ed?

Sorry, don't have any 65-42s but as this is becoming 'Cinelli Bar Wanted' central I could use some Cinelli 44s in any shape/bend

Back